Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood and the Chicken Fried Steak Tour

Packed up last night, installed the new to me Comfort seat with a backrest I bought here on Spyderlovers, had to come in and work a half day to make sure my Foreman and PE got everything they need , I have a great Foreman and this is the first time I can take a vacation and not worry about coming back to a mess. This is my last project before I retire and have had a hard time not getting short timers disease. December will be here in no time. We only have reservations at the rally for two days and none on the way there or back but are taking the pop up so we can camp or find a hotel if we want. Looking forward to the next 2 weeks. Going to try to ride Beartooth going there and on the return trip as its one of my favorite rides. My wife and I always try to find the best Chicken fried steak tour to pay homage to one of my rides a friend and I had back in 69 before we left for our all expense paid trip to Asia, he never made it home. So far my all time favorite is a little truck stop on Highway 20 in Burns Oregon, second favorite is a little restaurant in Belvidere Ill. on Highway 20, I heard of a good one in Deadwood so we are always on the search . Looking forward to meeting some new folks and making some new friends at the rally.
    Glacier Park Ride 009.jpg Glacier Park Ride 008.jpg Glacier Park Ride 096.jpg Glacier Park Ride 104.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default What a great tradition!

Thanks for sharing the story behind your CFS tour -- there are a lot of contenders for best CFS down here in Texas, and of course they're the biggest as well... I'll think of you and your friend the next time I go to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls.

Have a great trip!
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhern View Post
    Thanks for sharing the story behind your CFS tour -- there are a lot of contenders for best CFS down here in Texas, and of course they're the biggest as well... I'll think of you and your friend the next time I go to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls.

Have a great trip!
    I have to agree that the Bluebonnet Cafe rates pretty high on my list as well. The homemade pies are worth noting as well ..!!!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Sorry you buddy didn't make it back but glad he's still being remembered by you in your travels. It matters. Complete change in direction but why no trailer plate? Not required in Oregon?

Pat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Packed up last night, installed the new to me Comfort seat with a backrest I bought here on Spyderlovers, had to come in and work a half day to make sure my Foreman and PE got everything they need , I have a great Foreman and this is the first time I can take a vacation and not worry about coming back to a mess. This is my last project before I retire and have had a hard time not getting short timers disease. December will be here in no time. We only have reservations at the rally for two days and none on the way there or back but are taking the pop up so we can camp or find a hotel if we want. Looking forward to the next 2 weeks. Going to try to ride Beartooth going there and on the return trip as its one of my favorite rides. My wife and I always try to find the best Chicken fried steak tour to pay homage to one of my rides a friend and I had back in 69 before we left for our all expense paid trip to Asia, he never made it home. So far my all time favorite is a little truck stop on Highway 20 in Burns Oregon, second favorite is a little restaurant in Belvidere Ill. on Highway 20, I heard of a good one in Deadwood so we are always on the search . Looking forward to meeting some new folks and making some new friends at the rally.
    Glacier Park Ride 009.jpg Glacier Park Ride 008.jpg Glacier Park Ride 096.jpg Glacier Park Ride 104.jpg
    What is the name of the one in Deadwood? I love Chicken Fried Steak.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEWKS View Post
    Sorry you buddy didn't make it back but glad he's still being remembered by you in your travels. It matters. Complete change in direction but why no trailer plate? Not required in Oregon?

Pat
    That's right, no plates required if under a weight limit
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Another basket list item for us in our foodquest. Black Hills will be one of our first "long distance" rides when we get to AR.

Don't miss the Indian Fry Bread and Buffalo Burgers at the Cedar Pass Lodge in the Badlands though. We hit the place three times on our last trip there.

If your buying bling, bling (as in black hills gold or sterling/turquoise jewely) the gift shop next to Cedar Pass Lodge is pricey. Go into Wall and check out the store at the far end of the Wall Drug strip mall (same side of the street). We did real good there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Another basket list item for us in our foodquest. Black Hills will be one of our first "long distance" rides when we get to AR.

Don't miss the Indian Fry Bread and Buffalo Burgers at the Cedar Pass Lodge in the Badlands though. We hit the place three times on our last trip there.

If your buying bling, bling (as in black hills gold or sterling/turquoise jewely) the gift shop next to Cedar Pass Lodge is pricey. Go into Wall and check out the store at the far end of the Wall Drug strip mall (same side of the street). We did real good there.
    If you like Fry Bread, try Cheyenne Crossing on the way to Spearfish. It's excellent, it's what I use to judge all others.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

Made Jackson Hole, been hot but we have cooling vest. Decided on a hotel tonight.You know your in Wyoming when you hotel bar bar a drive up liquor window.F01F2A7A-B88C-478C-9CF5-B90180ADC63D.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    If you like Fry Bread, try Cheyenne Crossing on the way to Spearfish. It's excellent, it's what I use to judge all others.
    Now your talking, we were just there. If you haven't been there in awhile they have outdoor seating and added on to the building. Still have to go around the corner to use the bathrooms though.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

We started in Jackson Hole this morning and made it up through Yellow stone then over Beartooth Pass we found a place in Red lodge and will make Deadwood tomorrow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Made it to Deadwood, checked in to the Rally, went into town for dinner and had the best Chicken Fried Steak so far, at the Mineral Palace and Gem Steakhouses 36307515-06DB-4081-AFE0-A7263D858AC3.jpgand we had them split it!
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

We started in Jackson Hole this morning and made it up through Yellow stone then over Beartooth Pass we found a place in Red lodge and will make Deadwood tomorrow
    What a great picture..!!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Was in deadwood for the rally last year, stayed at the KOA just outside of town. I wish I remembered the name of the little restaurant we stopped at, it was on the way back into town, but they had homemade cinnamon roles that covered the entire 9" plate. They topped those with a homemade caramel sauce that was awesome. They were not heavy as a lot of cinnimon rolls are, but it was like eating air.
    They also had deep fried stake nuggets for breakfast, I had never had deep fried steak before, but it was cooked to a perfect medium rare and was so tender you could cut them with the fork.

Now you have given me some other places to go on the trip next year. Thanks for your postings!

Sure wish I could have arranged the time off to be there this year, but to many people gone at work this week.
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 07-11-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhern View Post

Have a great trip!
    Have to try the bluebonnet cafe, in meantime i got confirmation about the Tx size CFSIMG_8031.jpg FYI 22oz large rancher at Hickory hallow in Houston,
    http://hickoryhollow.com/
    featured on DDD
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-11-2018 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

we left Deadwood yesterday and thought we had found the best CFS at the Gem but we had one last night at The Winchester Steakhouse in Buffalo that has been the best so far. We always split them and this thing was huge! Bigger is not always better in the CFS world, but this one was so tender you cut it with a fork and had great flavor.
    7896F409-67A6-463D-9691-B2AFEC8D2178.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Stomach is now growling nonstop

That gravy looked really good, too.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Super, didn't you two use to bring the pooch in a cool little trailer? Where's Fido?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

We left her with my sister as we thought it would be a long hot ride ,so she is hanging out at a mountain cabin on the Salmon River
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

Crossed through Yellowstone today on our way to Virginia City MT.
    IMG_0113.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

We made it home yesterday and I'm picking up all the loose ends that were left for me on my job site today. We had a great ride but it was hot this year again. Our last night was in Walla Walla at 103 when we pulled in to our hotel as it was to hot to camp. When we left in the morning at 7am it was 76 already. We crossed Yellow Stone on our return trip and had some great looks at the wildlife.
    Deadwood Rally 027.jpg Deadwood Rally 029.jpg Deadwood Rally 021.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Thank you all. You can guess where one of our first trips will be when we get to the lower 48 again.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default CFK

Just had my first chicken fried steak in years, and It was excellent. Tuesday special, City Cafe, Northport, AL (close to Tuscaloosa). This may very well replace my quest for fish tacos

Spyder Garage

Default Cheyene Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    CC is just a smooth place for a beer!!

Spyder Garage

Made it to Deadwood, checked in to the Rally, went into town for dinner and had the best Chicken Fried Steak so far, at the Mineral Palace and Gem Steakhouses 36307515-06DB-4081-AFE0-A7263D858AC3.jpgand we had them split it!
    Dang that looks good! I’d wait a bit until I had my next cholesterol check after a trip like this!
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White