Spyder Garage

Default Just got back from the SHOP my 2018 RTL

So After investigation from my shop , they found out that the left side rotor was warp a bit witch was causing a noise like a brake grabbing the rotor every rotation. So after the first visit the Tech removed the spring on the caliper so the break would stay open a bit more. the idea was that it would make the noise go away. Well guess what, it didnt . Actually it started making a loud clicking noise. Brought the bike back and they ordered a rotor. The tech also took it for a spin and agreed that the noise was bad. Boom replaced the rotor. I was like awesome. Took it out and the ****ING noise ,grabbing one that is not clicking 1, is still there. Im told that its normal as the break is wearing in and it should go away, Was told that at 5K when they do the first service if the noise is still there they would contact BRB and open a case about replacing the brake system .. Grrrrr.... Anyone else had this issues and if yes did it go away???

Tks Daniel....
    Lamonster Bumpskid
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Tricled LED Backup light
    Tricled LED Headlight
    Lordco LED Signal Light
    Jurock Windshield
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Spyder Garage

Default O-M-G

WOW , here is what I have been taught in life`s daily game , ----> brakes they come with a lot of things , if they work with little parts , " springs , clips, tabs , spacers " they need to be there , a mechanic taken springs out ? that is a rookie mistake ..( and I am thinking the spring they removed is the spring backing off the pad ? ) so if they removed that one the pressure of the caliber will make the pad rock ,or tilt , although it would be .oo5 m.m. of inch , it was enough to probably grab , and leave a nice rub mark or even a new groove in your now almost new rotor ! I do get a nice sqeeeeeek when I push the 12 r-t back out from the air conditioned garage , " a nice loud rub bark " if your will , but after a short ride they quite down ... all this bad mechanic this and that makes me want too go out and take the b-r-p training classes and start repairing these poor cycles , get a nice trailer --- a lonnnng trailer and do house call ! ( but now with your new problem , you have a new rotor , do you have the old pad with the removed spring still ? I would get new pads , while they are off recheck the rotor , if it is still good " no scaring " , go ahead and put it back together , might try the squeak grease that comes with pads " I think it is called anti chatter matter " grease it goes behind the pad and the rotor plunger area it gives it a smooth operating service ! sorry you are having crap-o-la happenings

Spyder Garage

Not sure what he removed. There is no spring on the Brembo front calipers used in 2013 and newer Spyders.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Not sure what he removed. There is no spring on the Brembo front calipers used in 2013 and newer Spyders.
    I'm with you. Baffled... Have no idea what the mechanic is doing. But every part on a braking system is either important or REALLY IMPORTANT! You're not going to fix a braking system by removing something.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Agreed....

It is looking like this need some new eye's on the problem. Most warped discs will have a noticable drag sound at slow speed as you go faster the disc will push the pistons back far enough to spin freely. Not sure on those brembo twist in pistons. Never-the-less a slow spin with a run-out guage would have shown the warp on the disc and should have been replaced as soon as it was confirmed. Even just a listen and then remove the caliper and re-listen you could clear up if it is indeed the braking system at all. If you are operating it as is stop by any brake shop and have them eye it for you and give you a better ideal of what is going on.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black