Spyder Garage

Default Corbin vs Ultimate

OK - just thinking about this - really I want, but anyway, thinking about a new seat.
    On my Honda I purchased a Corbin seat and liked it right away.
    Thinking about replacing my Spyder seat with new. ST SE5 Limited. I already have a passenger backrest, but would like one for the rider.
    The Corbin shows the nice gas tank access panel, which I think is great, built into the seat, and if I add the rider back rest, it looks like it about the same price as an Ultimate seat.
    Ultimate has the fuel door access as an extra. Just looking for input what you like about your Corbin or Ultimate seat - Pros * Cons. Thanks.
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

I can give information about Corbin. Had one on the 2008 and one on the 2010. A total of 50 thousand plus Corbin miles.

Since you mentioned you "like" the Corbin--that is a favorable point. Most people either like them or hate them. They are hard feeling and never "break in" after many miles. I refer to the hardness as "supportive."

Mine were purchased both for the support and the gas tank access door.

I have had no personal experience with Ultimate. That's for another person to comment on.

Currently, I am riding both Can Am's with BRP Comfort seats. They work well for us.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Have had both. Corbin looked good and was well made, but was a little to firm for my liking. Loved my Ultimate and the customer service was excellent. To do again? I'd definitely go Ultimate. YMMV! :-) Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Getting some good feed back here and from GOS.
    Heading to Deadwood this coming up week.
    Maybe I'll get a chance to meet up with some of you that have the difference seats, and get a actual visual of the different brands.
    Thanks for the info. Have a great week!
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

Have had both over the years on different bikes,like the ultimate on the spyder.Ultimate gives you 30 days to return if you don't like it you are just out the shipping.

Spyder Garage

I have a Ultimate seat for two seasons and it’s better than the stock seat , but after two hrs of riding I start to get burning butt. My wife has no problem, I would like to try a Corbin.