Spyder Garage

Default Tupperware screws

Good afternoon, hope everyone is riding, we've had our share of era in lately with more coming today. Are all or most of the screws on the Tupperware the same, I'm always worrying which one goes where. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default from your i.d. photo

your i.d. photo is that 2012 or so r-t ? the screws are pretty much the same , there are a few different sizes (1) the under the seat screw that is part of the plastics , that one is a shorty , the ones in the main parts are pretty close in size , the ( 2nd ) is the lower plastic that covers the the area behind the foot rest , these are 2 different sizes in this area , ( I think the longer ones are in the rear section , and the others are upper area ) ---> WARNING WARNING ----< when you take these parts loose they are help in place with a clip type nut --- the clip is around the mating part that the plastic is nest too or covers , the just slip on , so when you take it apart and you see that this clip is loose , I would either zip tie it in place or take it off and put it with the corresponding screw that will be on the take off section of the Tupperware ... ( I do not know what guy at any shop would do this , but it would not be a surprise if there is actually a nut that will just spin in place as you try too take that one screw out , so if you can kind of keep an eye out as you go ... ) you can go too some of the b-r-p can-am sites that handle spyder parts and get an exploded view and a list of parts if you get lost ! easy peasy ! ( well not so easy , try not stepping on all the skins laying around as you go )

Spyder Garage

Default uhh your town

I bet 9 out of 10 dentist live there in floss more ( o .k. sorry that was just waiting on a funny comment ) well good luck in your skinning project and if you have a problem let some one here know brother

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    your i.d. photo is that 2012 or so r-t ? the screws are pretty much the same , there are a few different sizes (1) the under the seat screw that is part of the plastics , that one is a shorty , the ones in the main parts are pretty close in size , the ( 2nd ) is the lower plastic that covers the the area behind the foot rest , these are 2 different sizes in this area , ( I think the longer ones are in the rear section , and the others are upper area ) ---> WARNING WARNING ----< when you take these parts loose they are help in place with a clip type nut --- the clip is around the mating part that the plastic is nest too or covers , the just slip on , so when you take it apart and you see that this clip is loose , I would either zip tie it in place or take it off and put it with the corresponding screw that will be on the take off section of the Tupperware ... ( I do not know what guy at any shop would do this , but it would not be a surprise if there is actually a nut that will just spin in place as you try too take that one screw out , so if you can kind of keep an eye out as you go ... ) you can go too some of the b-r-p can-am sites that handle spyder parts and get an exploded view and a list of parts if you get lost ! easy peasy ! ( well not so easy , try not stepping on all the skins laying around as you go )
    Thanks, 2014 RTLTD, JUST LEARNING HOW TO REMOVE AND INSTALL ALL PANELS
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

One of my tricks to keep screws organized, is to use a sheet of paper under a pill organizer. I write notes on the sheet of paper pointing to the appropriate cell reminding me of where the screw(s) came from. Or if all the screws are the same, I sometimes place them in the panel/component they held on. I'm pulling the whole trunk/saddlebag section off and will take pics of the system.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is a tip. The screws that go into painted plastic have washers, the others do not. There is a short screw on the water deflector and on the back of the top panel under the seat. The interior of the side saddlebags and the rear saddlebag are plastic screws and are Torx 25 or 20’s, can’t remember. The acoustic panel has a longer screw in it but it is a 30 Torx. The rest are pretty much the same -30 Torx - with or without washers.

We use a bin, one for each side of the bike, and all of the fasteners go in the bin. When the job is done the bins are empty.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622