Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Car Tire Selection

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Hi, which tire did you go for and what size? (front / rear) I'm always interested in tire feedback for future purchases. Thanks.
    I went with Vredestein Quatrac 5
    175/55 r15 front
    205/60 r15 rear

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    I went with Vredestein Quatrac 5
    175/55 r15 front
    205/60 r15 rear
    Be interesting how those perform since they are a 1/2 winter and 1/2 summer tire. Different tread pattern on each side of the tire.
    If you don't mind my asking, did you put both summer outboard on the front, or the winter?
    And on the rear, I guess it could go either way.
    Didn't see anything about them being uni-directional, so I guess it would matter.
    Interesting.

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Be interesting how those perform since they are a 1/2 winter and 1/2 summer tire. Different tread pattern on each side of the tire.
    If you don't mind my asking, did you put both summer outboard on the front, or the winter?
    And on the rear, I guess it could go either way.
    Didn't see anything about them being uni-directional, so I guess it would matter.
    Interesting.
    The fronts were put on by a tire shop and he said it indicated which side out. The rear was installed by a Spyder dealer so I didn’t even have that discussion. I am away now so I can’t even send a picture. All I can say is, they ride beautifully and so far, I am thrilled!!
    ps- I am in South Fl and will never use them in the snow. They got very good ratings wet and dry surfaces...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rodentrancher View Post
    Thank you Peter, for a very informative reply. I have checked (and corrected) the pressures, but it didn't occur to me to carefully check out the tires in the way you describe (was making what I see are unjustified assumptions that the almost-new OEM tires would be fine except for pressure). I will have a careful look/feel at the tires today.

Oddly, the dealer apparently filled all three tires to 24 psi. I corrected to the pressures specified in the owners manual (20 psi for the front two, 28 for the rear). Doesn't seem to have made any difference in the vibration.
    I have had the same problem with my 2016 from day one. I still get it from time to time but not nearly as bad as when I bought the bike. BRP is well aware of this problem and fails to acknowledge its existence. I have had the entire front end rebuilt and laser aligned. I have had new tires put on. I have put a baja ron sway bar on with no effect. I have a tensioner on the belt but that did not help. Everything I have done has not helped and BRP does nothing about it.

I am very disappointed in BRP. I believe this is a manufactures defect. Something in the engineering is wrong. Good luck. If you find a fix, let us all know.
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Spyder Garage

Get a krikit belt tension gauge from Baja Ron and check your belt tension. If my belt is towards the high end of the specs I get a very annoying vibration while cruising and coasting. At the low end it goes away. The way some dealers throw these these things together and send them down the road I'm sure belt tensions are all over the place.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default Belt vibration

Like I mentioned in my 2 other posts on the subject, do not accept the vibrations as normal. Be a pest to BRP, not the dealer. Dealers can only do what BRP authorize.
    I had several mail exchange and phone calls with BRP and guess what? They authorized the dealer to install a belt tensioner under warranty. No cost to me. However, you have to want the dealer to help you on this. My dealer did. No more vibrations. It is a BRP belt tensioner. Installed by a BRP dealer and will fall under BRP warranty. The simple fact that BRP have tensioners, should tell you that they well know about the problem and have a solution to that. My dealer stuck with me and went to bat for me to get fixed.
    Some of you may have the money to spend on after market product, no mater how little or how much, it is the principle. We spend enough money to buy a BRP product and expect it to work flawlessly. Case closed.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"