Spyder Garage

Default Is there any Oil filter crossover list available?

I just picked up a 2016 F3-T (Ace-1330) for my wife. (I'm still on 2-wheels)
    I've always done my own maintenance and will continue to do so on the Spyder.
    I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a compatible Wix, Fram, Purolator....
    (any filter available at the local parts house)
    Is there a crossover list available? Advance Auto's computer showed a (K&N) filter that was about 1/2 the length of the needed one.

Spyder Garage

Default Just call or email BajaRon and he'll fix you up - filters, HCM filter, Brake Pads

The Hiflo 556 that Ron (site sponsor) will send you is good for the 1330 Ace and he can provide your brake pads, oil, etc as needed. Just got 4 more so we're good to go for our 15 RT and 16 F3T. Quick service with great value!! DSCN2574.jpg
    Last edited by AeroPilot; 06-29-2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: 16 F3T
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

K&N556 is at O'Reilley's.

K&N556 as well as HiFlo HF556 and Outlaw Racing OF556 at Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Summit Racing...
    2016 F3-T , Blk/Rd

Spyder Garage

Amazon has the hi flo 556 on sale
    Last edited by helton61; 02-18-2023 at 05:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Any of the above oil filters will work, but ONLY the kits from Lamonster and BajaRon include the 5 o-rings and 2 crush washers that are needed to do the job properly. Also, they are our site sponsors and keep SpyderLovers alive.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Any of the above oil filters will work, but ONLY the kits from Lamonster and BajaRon include the 5 o-rings and 2 crush washers that are needed to do the job properly. Also, they are our site sponsors and keep SpyderLovers alive.
    It's just the shipping to Canada that is a problem, $120 US turns into $227 Canadian with shipping.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rideaway View Post
    It's just the shipping to Canada that is a problem, $120 US turns into $227 Canadian with shipping.
    Just purchase the filters. Get your oil in Canada. You'll save a lot doing it that way.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Maybe I'm the luckiest Spyder owner on the planet .... I've owned three Spyders over 14 years and completed dozens of oil filter changes ..... I've Never re-placed an "O" ring nor washer .... No leaks that couldn't be fixed with an extra tap on the socket handle. In the beginning, I remember reading on the forum lots of folks were changing their Wheel Bearings at every or every-other tire change. I've never done a wheel bearing either ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Maybe I'm the luckiest Spyder owner on the planet .... I've owned three Spyders over 14 years and completed dozens of oil filter changes ..... I've Never re-placed an "O" ring nor washer .... No leaks that couldn't be fixed with an extra tap on the socket handle. In the beginning, I remember reading on the forum lots of folks were changing their Wheel Bearings at every or every-other tire change. I've never done a wheel bearing either ..... JMHO .... Mike
    Agreed sir. I do not replace the O rings either. And also no leaks etc.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

It is not necessary to change the seal kit with every oil change. Though it is recommended by Can-Am and you will find every other manufacturer. It's just accepted practice and considered cheap insurance. But that doesn't mean you can't skip this step with success.

But I do highly recommend you have a new seal kit available, should you discover a damaged piece. Otherwise, you're stuck with a 1/2 done service and your bike torn down until you get one.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I do o-rings every third change. Every change is just a waste of money.