Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Best Trailer For Hauling Spyder

Ok so for the $$ what is the best and safest trailer for hauling my spyder if and when I need to. I am currently looking at the Stinger Can Am Spyder Trailer.

You can see it here: https://www.redlinestands.com/catalo...trailer-p-2653

I hope it is a good on, because its one im looking at pretty hard. Let me know if there may be a better one for a good price.

Oh and my tow max is 1600 #s, so im limited to a lightweight trailer.

Spyder Garage

Dang, my 6 by 12 Continental Cargo enclosed was $3200.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enclosed > Open. But since you are limited on tow weight, Kendon offers a Spyder trailer. We had two Kendons in the past for our bikes, and they are quality rigs.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Depends on your needs

If storage space requirements when you are not using the trailer that Redline may be just the ticket. We have plenty of space to storage a trailer and bought an Air Ride back in 2012 when we bought our first Spyder.

http://the-ultimate-trailers.com/can...r-trailer.html

We use it a couple of times a year and find it to be a perfect performer.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

The stinger looks nice, and has the advantage of folding up when not in use. But it is a steel trailer so rust may eventually be an issue. Since you are very limited in tow weight, you could also look at an aluminum trailer. I picked up an Aluma this year and had some chocks made for it but otherwise it's stock. Weighs about 625 from the factory and can haul lots of other stuff unlike the stinger. Last week I hauled a new zero turn mower home on it, try that with the stinger. They also make a dedicated trike hauler trailer that fits a spyder. For the flat trailer, it should be cheaper than the stinger by about 500 bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma 638

I purchased an Aluma 638 trailer this year. I made wheel chocks that I drive onto to lift fruck over the frontg of the trailer bed and gives clearance to not bounce on it. It is 63 inches by 8 foot bed. It weighs 390 and cost a little over $1600 with spare tire. I pull it with my Ford Edge and you hardly know its back there.20180609_112940.jpg20180609_112946.jpg20180609_112957.jpg
    2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Iron Horse...
    VERY expensive; but worth every penny!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 6’ x 10’ Utility trailer with a 4’ bifold ramp. Works great. Only $1500.

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I got a Bear Track all aluminum 65" x 120" - about 400 pounds. I have a 4 cyl car and needed something a light trailor. The Stinger is a good alternative, but without modification, you can only haul a Spyder. The Bear Track has a bi-fold gate, but with a lighted bump skid on my bike, I had to make ramps in order NOT to crush the skid getting on. Got a 2 x 12 x 8, set of ramp plates for about $50 and I'm in business. Cost for me was reasonable - they run new from 2100 to 2800, depending on dealer.

Spyder Garage

Beware of the Stinger trailer. A friend of a friend bought one and after 6 months rust was showing all over the trailer.
    On his first short trip with the trailer (just to test it out) 3 of the main bolts on the trailer sheared off so he had to leave the trailer to go home and get necessary things to get it home.
    He ended up returning it to the dealer but not sure how he made out money wise.
    I ended up with a Triton AUT 1064. Towed the spyder to florida and back to canada. 2800 miles total. Worked great.
    here's a pic.
    IMG_0689.jpg
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

When we picked up our Spyder we also bought a Triton AUT trailer. Wanted to be able to trailer the bike with the CR-V with a towing capacity of around #1500. This is close and tracks beautifully. Quality built although you have to be mindful of scraping the underside when loading, depending on the angle of the ramp. Our dealer got a couple of boards for us that takes care of everything.
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mhoecker View Post
    When we picked up our Spyder we also bought a Triton AUT trailer. Wanted to be able to trailer the bike with the CR-V with a towing capacity of around #1500. This is close and tracks beautifully. Quality built although you have to be mindful of scraping the underside when loading, depending on the angle of the ramp. Our dealer got a couple of boards for us that takes care of everything.
    The first time I went to load the Spyder onto the trailer the front scraped.
    Since then, before loading I use the jack to raise the front of the trailer whil still attached to the hitch on the vehicle.
    No more scraping at all.
    Just remember to let the front of the trailer back down before driving away
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    The first time I went to load the Spyder onto the trailer the front scraped.
    Since then, before loading I use the jack to raise the front of the trailer whil still attached to the hitch on the vehicle.
    No more scraping at all.
    Just remember to let the front of the trailer back down before driving away
    I ran into that same problem with the aluma trailer. On the camper, I got an adjustable height hitch and raised the front up about 3 inches, on the car, I can use the jack to boost it up. On the dedicated MC trailers, I think the ramp is a bit longer, but there are easy ways to get around the scraping.
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Iron Horse...
    VERY expensive; but worth every penny!
    Sometimes they get used ones in on trade that are a pretty good deal. They only have enclosed trailers for spyders:
    a. 2-bike/1-trike trailer, and
    b. Widebody
    Give them a call and talk with them about what works for you.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    I just realized something:
    Once Tom & Ali set up camp in Florida: we'll have a place to stay down there!!
    I've got to remind him to put a 30 amp RV service out near his driveway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Talking

Thank you all for your replies. I will definitely look into other trailers. The last thing I need is the trailer breaking down on me.

Spyder Garage

Default Drop Tail Trailer

I bought one of these in 2014 and have used it a lot. I put the optional stone guard on the front. Trailer weights about 600 lbs. Solid deck so it can be used to haul other things. Also folds up and stands up for storage if space is a problem. Good quality. No problems. A bit pricey but very versatile.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    I purchased an Aluma 638 trailer this year. I made wheel chocks that I drive onto to lift fruck over the frontg of the trailer bed and gives clearance to not bounce on it. It is 63 inches by 8 foot bed. It weighs 390 and cost a little over $1600 with spare tire. I pull it with my Ford Edge and you hardly know its back there.20180609_112940.jpg20180609_112946.jpg20180609_112957.jpg

Now thats a perfect fit,will have to look into one of those.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

I’m in the market for a trailer as well. I filled out that form from Ultimate Trailer to get a quote from them, can’t wait to hear the price........
    so right now, I’m leaning towards the Stinger. Great for storing when not being used and they have great reviews. I have 2 kids, so trailering the Spyder to Lage George or VA Beach sounds like a lot of fun.
    ‘Keep us in the loop, good luck!
    😎

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Default ultimate trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I’m in the market for a trailer as well. I filled out that form from Ultimate Trailer to get a quote from them, can’t wait to hear the price........
    so right now, I’m leaning towards the Stinger. Great for storing when not being used and they have great reviews. I have 2 kids, so trailering the Spyder to Lage George or VA Beach sounds like a lot of fun.
    ‘Keep us in the loop, good luck!
    😎
    I got a quote from them. It was just about six grand for a loaded open trailer. It looks like a great trailer, but that's pretty steep in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Default WOW! $6k??

Thanks for letting me know price on Ultimate Trailer. It’s very nice but not only expensive, also takes up a lot of room when not using. I already have my empty boat trailer in driveway (boat in slip).
    ‘So now I’m pretty sure I’ll buy the Stinger. Looks good, great reviews and easy storage/free shipping.
    ‘Thank you!
    😎👊🏻🕷

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Default +1 for the Aluma 638

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    This is the same trailer I hauled my 09 GS on for many miles. I tows like a dream. Give it a good long look!
    It also hauls a golf cart perfectly.

Spyder Garage

Default Lamar 6X10

You have a lot of answers, but here is one more: I have a Lamar 6X10 with custom made front chocks and E-Track (loop around the rear tire) for anchoring the rear tire. I did over 3K miles to/from South Dakota from Tucson. Didn't move a fraction of an inch and didn't have to tighten anything even once. Heavy duty with 15" tires and spare. High quality unit.

I wish I had realized the Aluma 638 would work as I would have seriously looked at it.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Thank You all for your replies, I ended up going with the aluma trailer. So far I love it, and it pulls like a dream.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrett85 View Post
    Thank You all for your replies, I ended up going with the aluma trailer. So far I love it, and it pulls like a dream.
    Good Choice! Those trailers are made just 20 miles from my house and they are very well built. I don't have the spyder anymore but I still have my trailer and I use it quite often. If i ever get another spyder, I'll be set!

I have the 7710 with the front rock guard and the bi-fold rear ramp. The bi-fold is a little longer so it helps with the nose clearance.
    spyder on trailer.jpg
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES