Spyder Garage

Default Garmin Zumo 590 & 660 - Can Am Dealer Database Update

I just uploaded a supposedly newer database file of Can Am Dealers for your gps. Here is the url to the instructions and file. I am not sure to the validity of some of these dealers listed in this database, becuase there is one listed just
    up the road from me about 5 miles, and they are NOT a Can Am dealer but a BMW dealer.
    But I am sure that there are a lot that are Can Am dealers too.

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners...se-update.html
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

I clicked on "download" & got a tightly spaced page of abbreviated info. no file name as far as I could see.

Opening the Zumo 660 was ok but what the heck do I do with the page of info?

The instructions say "locate the downloaded dealer database file (example, D2245000B.gpi) Highlight the file, select Edit, copy...… How do you insert that page of abbreviated text which has no file #?
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

The "E" dealer database I think is more than a year old. So there will be some changes since then.

Oldgoat, follow the instruction for the 660. Which when simplified. Download the file to a computer. Do not open it. Plug your gps into the same computer using a usb cable. Using a file manager open your gps like any other hard drive. Find the file named "D2245000B.gpi" The B could be a C or D. Rename it. Unusually found in the GPI folder. Copy the file you downloaded D2245000E.gpi from your computer to your gps. Done.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

FWIW, on my 590 that I have kept continually updated since new I found one D2245000E.gpi file dated Jan ?, 2017 in the POI folder. I renamed it D2245000EOLD.gpi then copied the new downloaded file to the POI folder and deleted the ...EOLD.gpi file. Very easy.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thank you billy & jay. When i open the link on my tablet, all is ok & i get the required file. When i open the link on my pc i get the page crammed with text & no file #.
    I will transfer the file from my tablet to my pc then put it onto my zumo 660.

Merci

All done.
    Last edited by oldgoat; 06-28-2018 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Update
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info!
    It was a snap to download & install and way more locations than the file I had!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    FWIW, on my 590 that I have kept continually updated since new I found one D2245000E.gpi file dated Jan ?, 2017 in the POI folder. I renamed it D2245000EOLD.gpi then copied the new downloaded file to the POI folder and deleted the ...EOLD.gpi file. Very easy.
    It looks like your old file was "E" as the last digit. So the file you downloaded was the same file. If and when BRP updates it. The file should change to a "F"
    Last edited by billybovine; 06-29-2018 at 10:23 AM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    It looks like your old file was "E" as the last digit. So the file you downloaded was the same file. If and when BRP updates it. The file should change to a "D"
    Are they really going backwards UP the alphabet like that ??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Are they really going backwards UP the alphabet like that ??
    Opps my mistake. i will have to relearn the alphabet.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    I clicked on "download" & got a tightly spaced page of abbreviated info. no file name as far as I could see.

Opening the Zumo 660 was ok but what the heck do I do with the page of info?

The instructions say "locate the downloaded dealer database file (example, D2245000B.gpi) Highlight the file, select Edit, copy...… How do you insert that page of abbreviated text which has no file #?
    I too pressed the download button and got the compressed info page. I can not figure out how to download the file itself, it just keeps showing me what is inside the file. Do I highlight the entire page and try to save it had the file. Still confused?

Once I have the file it should be not problem placing it on the 660. Just need the file.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    I too pressed the download button and got the compressed info page. I can not figure out how to download the file itself, it just keeps showing me what is inside the file. Do I highlight the entire page and try to save it had the file. Still confused?

Once I have the file it should be not problem placing it on the 660. Just need the file.

If I click on download while on my pc, I get the page full of text.
    If I click on download while on my tablet it downloads the file correctly
    Don't know why.
    I then emailed the file to myself & opened the email on my pc. I now had the file on my pc
    Plugged in the zumo & transferred the file.

That may have been a very roundabout way for computer experts, but solved my problem.
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Try a right mouse click on the download link and choose save as.

The reason it is opening the file when you download is because of the file associations on your PC.
    SpyDel
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydel View Post
    Try a right mouse click on the download link and choose save as.

The reason it is opening the file when you download is because of the file associations on your PC.

Thank you
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    It looks like your old file was "E" as the last digit. So the file you downloaded was the same file. If and when BRP updates it. The file should change to a "F"
    For another FWIW, today I sent the message below to BRPCare.

"On 6/28/18 I downloaded the latest database for installation on my Zumo 590 per the instructions at this web site:
    https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners...se-update.html. The file I downloaded was D2245000E.gpi. When I connected my Zumo to my computer and selected the POI folder on the Zumo I found there was a file, D2245000E.gpi with a January 2017 date shown in the properties of the file. That date is reasonably the last time I downloaded and installed a dealer database update. I renamed this January 2017 dated file D2245000EOLD.gpi and copied the newly downloaded file to the POI folder. I then deleted the D2245000EOLD.gpi file. Since both files originally had the same file name but different property dates, please confirm for me that the file I downloaded on 6/28/18 is in fact the latest version of the dealer database despite the fact that the two files created a year and a half apart have exactly the same file name. Kindly do not tell me to contact my local BRP dealer because that dealer does not maintain your corporate dealer database; you do. Thank you very much."
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

GOT IT! Downloaded it on my pad and then mailed it to myself. Then followed the rest of the instructions.

Thank Yall!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Here's a very prompt response, 24 hours, to my question to BRP about the latest dealer database.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP with your inquiry about the latest Dealer Location Database version.

In response to your request, we are writing to advise you that the file you found on the website is in fact the latest version available, regardless of the file name.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP."
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Just downloaded the file again. Using on of the links in this thread. Creation and Modified dates are today as assigned by windows. Not the day the file was created by BRP.

dealer.JPG

I had to use the link on a previous post because the link is no longer on BRP's website. Maybe no longer going to offer it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Yeah, Billy, I noticed when I downloaded it on the 28th that Windows assigned a 7/28 date in the properties and I downloaded it again yesterday and got a 7/2 date. The old 2017 date on my Zumo POI folder was probably the last time I updated the database because I always dump all the old versions per the instructions. I still would think that BRP would want to have a different file name for every update version and not reuse an old file name. Who knows???
    Cognac 2014 RT-S