Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Big hickups after service may be solved

Well, I think I have good news! I went out to the garage to go for a putt on the spyder, hit the starter button & nothing. I fooled with all the switches & still no starter, so I checked the ground cable on the battery & it was firm, but I decided to try tightening it a little more & got another 1/2 turn on the bolt! Everything was working perfect. I was going to a friends house about 70 miles away. Just before I got there, I needed fuel so I pulled into the station & fueled up and the spyder started right up again. Was at my friends houe for an hour or so & went to start the spyder & nothing again! We got out a 10 mm socket & tightened the hot side of the battery cable & everything worked good. I fueled up 2 more times & everything is still good. Put on over 300 miles today! If you don't here from me tomorrow, you can figure all is still good & I'm out riding!! Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions! Studybaker Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Studybaker Bob View Post
    Well, I think I have good news! I went out to the garage to go for a putt on the spyder, hit the starter button & nothing. I fooled with all the switches & still no starter, so I checked the ground cable on the battery & it was firm, but I decided to try tightening it a little more & got another 1/2 turn on the bolt! Everything was working perfect. I was going to a friends house about 70 miles away. Just before I got there, I needed fuel so I pulled into the station & fueled up and the spyder started right up again. Was at my friends houe for an hour or so & went to start the spyder & nothing again! We got out a 10 mm socket & tightened the hot side of the battery cable & everything worked good. I fueled up 2 more times & everything is still good. Put on over 300 miles today! If you don't here from me tomorrow, you can figure all is still good & I'm out riding!! Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions! Studybaker Bob
    Bob... I always put a small glob of RTV on the sides of both positive and negative bolt heads/connectors once I have them tightened. Do NOT use anything on the actual bolt threads as that will interfere with the connections.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default battery conestions

during the winter i attached the conections for my heated jacket liner and the adapter for my battery tender. at that time i noticed that the positiive connection to the battery was more corroded than the negative.
    i cleaned both connections and re- connected. it may be wise to clean and tighten these at least twice a year.