Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    Glad your Final outcome was good, and that you had enough faith in the spyder and the mechanic to go ahead with your trip.
    Your problem seems especially irritating since you went in initially for very basic service, brakes and tires neither of which should’ve been complicated or expensive.

I think every spider owner should purchase a copy of the shop manual for their vehicle. There is a link here on the form somewhere, and they are available on eBay and Amazon. I think I paid about $25. You get an owners manual, the full service manual, parts list, dealer flat rate manual, electrical diagrams, etc. All digitally searchable. Even if you don’t print out you can download a copy and keep it on your smart phone for reference.

Did you ever find out what the first mechanic did wrong, during the break and tire service, to create your problem?
    I just realized that my earlier post may have been a little misleading. Due to the problems I have had recently, along with a very hefty amount of concern, I did end up trailering the bike on the trip, and then riding at the destination. This is the first time that I have ever trailered the bike. I am currently suffering a severe lack of confidence in my Spyder at the moment and am now seriously considering updating.
    Last edited by Spyderman12; 08-06-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Ugh!

Thanks for the clarification and update. It is frustrating when issues arise with anything. But, even more irritating is when you have to have a "professional" attend to them and their work is less than satisfactory. Good to hear the dealer made things right. And I understand your concern now based on these past experiences. But didn't you also have many miles without issue? Perhaps seeing how thing go for say the next six month may help you decide what direction to move. Just my .02 cents.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Default Continuing issues

Well it appears that the fix the tech did was not completely successful. I have recently gotten a limp home mode naming DPS error and VSS failure on the display. Shutting down and rebooting cured that issue for the moment. The following weekend I got an check engine light for two days which mysteriously also cleared itself. Both issues did not show any active codes. Due to these problems, and the fact that the dealer had gotten the part in for my front end, I made an appointment to have my Spyder serviced. After waiting for two weeks to get the appointment I brought it in at the beginning of the week. When I called in at end of the week I was told to come in to pick the Spyder up, and that it had not been touched that week. When I arrived to pick up my untouched Syder I asked the tech what had happened, as he had assured me that it would be done by the end of the week, and he told me that Jim (the owner) did not allow him to work on my Spyder and as Jim is the boss he has to do what Jim tells him to do. He also mentioned that the BRP training didn't happen. I am so frustrated now as the dealer isn't living up to his promises and responsibilities. It now seems that he won't do the promised repair to my Spyder, that was caused by dealer personnel!!!! The only choice I see now before me is to have another dealer perform the repair and then sue the dealer. I am not a vindictive person, or a litigious person, but don't know what else to do. I can't talk it out with him as my calls to him are not put through and he doesn't return my calls. My only conclusion is that Jim doesn't consider customer service a high priority.
    Last edited by Spyderman12; 08-20-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default brp.care@brp.com

Maybe now contact BRP?
    brp.care@brp.com
    2014 Spyder RSS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman12 View Post
    Well it appears that the fix the tech did was not completely successful. I have recently gotten a limp home mode naming DPS error and VSS failure on the display. Shutting down and rebooting cured that issue for the moment. The following weekend I got an check engine light for two days which mysteriously also cleared itself. Both issues did not show any active codes. Due to these problems, and the fact that the dealer had gotten the part in for my front end, I made an appointment to have my Spyder serviced. After waiting for two weeks to get the appointment I brought it in at the beginning of the week. When I called in at end of the week I was told to come in to pick the Spyder up, and that it had not been touched that week. When I arrived to pick up my untouched Syder I asked the tech what had happened, as he had assured me that it would be done by the end of the week, and he told me that Jim (the owner) did not allow him to work on my Spyder and as Jim is the boss he has to do what Jim tells him to do. He also mentioned that the BRP training didn't happen. I am so frustrated now as the dealer isn't living up to his promises and responsibilities. It now seems that he won't do the promised repair to my Spyder, that was caused by dealer personnel!!!! The only choice I see now before me is to have another dealer perform the repair and then sue the dealer. I am not a vindictive person, or a litigious person, but don't know what else to do. I can't talk it out with him as my calls to him are not put through and he doesn't return my calls. My only conclusion is that Jim doesn't consider customer service a high priority.
    Hello @Spyderman12, We are sorry to learn that you have experienced multiple concerns. As @jtonga stated, please contact us at brp.care@brp.com or by calling us at 1-888-272-9222, we would like to look into this further. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman12 View Post

One question that i have: Do you have a BRP Trailer hitch on your Spyder? The reason i ask is that if you do, sometimes the dealer takes a shortcut and fails to properly place the hitch wiring inside the saddle bags and they wind up rubbing on the rear tire causing a short. This has happened to two people that i know of and it took a lot of probing to find this error, once the error was found and the wire properly placed in the saddlebags most problems were solved.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer