Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Luggage rack and way to relocate antenna on a F3T

As the title says, I have a F3T and would like a nice looking luggage rack to fit behind the passenger. I am also thinking that I will need to relocate the antenna. This will also need to work while using the smooth spyder driver/passenger backrest. I think I recall seeing such a thing before, but cannot seem to find it now. I know there was one out earlier, but it said that it could not be used with the backrest. Any help would be appreciated.

Keith
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default MBL Innovation F3T luggage Rack

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    As the title says, I have a F3T and would like a nice looking luggage rack to fit behind the passenger. I am also thinking that I will need to relocate the antenna. This will also need to work while using the smooth spyder driver/passenger backrest. I think I recall seeing such a thing before, but cannot seem to find it now. I know there was one out earlier, but it said that it could not be used with the backrest. Any help would be appreciated.

Keith
    https://mblinnovations.com/shop?olsP...3-luggage-rack

Enjoy.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    can-am accessories they have something you like

Spyder Garage

I have the Baker air wings luggage rack....very sturdy and rated for more carrying capacity than the bro one if i remember correctly

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by THE Q View Post
    can-am accessories they have something you like
    I saw the BRP rack, and think that will work. But I have not seen an antenna relocation kit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post

Keith
    I went to move my antenna but wound up clipping the top of the existing one. I wanted to really pile on the gear, and a full sized tent eliminated any possibility of an antenna sticking out.

I think it had a little effect, but not enough to spend the money on a shorter copper core antenna. Since I cannot change channels while driving on my F3-T it just means about 5 miles less of reception.

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Luggage Rack

http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/prodde...?prod=SPYF3TLR

The link above will take you to our rack. Ours will work with your backrest and will not need to move the antenna. If you have questions we will be happy to help, you can contact us at info@bakerbuilt.com or by phone at 1-800-451-9464.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/prodde...?prod=SPYF3TLR

The link above will take you to our rack. Ours will work with your backrest and will not need to move the antenna. If you have questions we will be happy to help, you can contact us at info@bakerbuilt.com or by phone at 1-800-451-9464.
    Thanks, That is one of the ones that I have been looking at. But if I do not relocate the antenna, then the size bag seems to be very limited. Or else I will need a tall one, that is not too wide. I thought there was an adapter that would turn the antenna a 90 degree angle to the rear. I will contact you on this.

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Ant

I had the same issue with Baker rack and Givi box. Busted my antenna trying to remove it. I replaced it with another ant in the same position. It touches the box and just bends away. Makes absolutely no difference to reception.

Spyder Garage

Default Pics please

Quote Originally Posted by tomand View Post
    I have the Baker air wings luggage rack....very sturdy and rated for more carrying capacity than the bro one if i remember correctly
    Can you post pics of your Spyder with the Shad 58 case attached - side and rear views would be helpful. Thanks in advance - I am trying to decide if I will like the look.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue