Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gmctech View Post
    Looks like you're making progress... Once there's water intrusion and any sign of corrosion in a fuse box the magic electrical pixies tend to get moody... If you caught it in time and there's sign of corrosion, replace the affected wires and terminals, get out a can of fluid film and PLASTER that fuse box from the front and back with it... I had a customer have this issue and I added drain ports in the factory fuse box and polluted that fuse box with fluid film and it's been three years now with no further malfunctions. Yes water still gets in there a bit but there's so much fluid film in there it just beads off and drains out. The fuse boxes are a part of a yearly inspection on Spyders and may I add, when I was at the Spyder dealer recently I checked the fuse box on a 2018 sitting on the lot after it had rained and been driven about 20km in the rain.... guess what? WATER INTRUSION!
    I just checked and canadian tire here carries the spray cans of fluid film. Do you actually spray it on the fuses or just on the outside of the fuse box??
    How do you remove the fuse box cover after the fluid film is applied.
    We're actually thinking of a trip to the east next week. I was born in Salisbury NB and my father is in a nursing home in Fredericton and I have a brother and other relatives in Moncton.
    We may also do the Cabot trail. We've done it in a car but I think it would be awesome on the Spyder.
    Looks like we'll be able to wave to you when we drive by Antigonish
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    I just checked and canadian tire here carries the spray cans of fluid film. Do you actually spray it on the fuses or just on the outside of the fuse box??
    How do you remove the fuse box cover after the fluid film is applied.
    We're actually thinking of a trip to the east next week. I was born in Salisbury NB and my father is in a nursing home in Fredericton and I have a brother and other relatives in Moncton.
    We may also do the Cabot trail. We've done it in a car but I think it would be awesome on the Spyder.
    Looks like we'll be able to wave to you when we drive by Antigonish
    Spray the living beegeezus out of EVERYTHING... pull all the fuses out and spray it point blank into the terminals then reinstall the fuses and spray a good amount again to ensure the fuses and relays are now "sealed up" then on to the back of the fuse box... I took the whole front clip/frunk assembly off to do that. It just seemed easier to me.... and while you're at it, do the terminals on the battery..... If you come through, gimme a shout on here maybe stop for a quick beer or a Java! I have been known to get up at 3am and toddle off for breakfast at the Silver Fox in Salisbury. haha. ... the Cabot trail is awesome on bikes. Just bring everything from sunscreen to rain gear to snow shoes as just a bit over a week ago we were delayed a day on our annual bike rally due to about 4 inches of snow on the road on the Cabot LoL.... Oh one last thing... Fluid Film sets up after a small amount of time and sorta semi-gels up so it's not that messy to deal with after it's been let be for a bit...
    Last edited by gmctech; 07-05-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    “The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”― George Carlin

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Taste!? Scary....

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your replies. First thing I did the second time I pulled over was to make sure the battery cables were tight. They were. Rear tire is not new and it's a kenda.
    When it was in for the safety inspection they also did an oil change and replaced part #278003071 control gear motor and under the price it says warranty. Probable a TSB.

Anyway, I went out to check the fuses. When I opened the left side fuse box cover (the left side when you're sitting on the bike), there was a lot of liquid inside the cover. The colour was like a robins egg blue and had no taste of coolant or battery acid. All of the fuses were wet so at least the dealer will have a starting point.
    Anybody have any idea what the liquid could be?

thanks
    Greg
    I would be careful tasting things you don't know what it is?