Spyder Garage

Default Cardo Packtalk integration with a Zumo 660, a Galaxy S8+, and BRP's Sena dongle

I've upgraded from Cardo's G9 headset to the new Packtalk. I've got music from my smartphone in my Cardo, including Amazon streaming. Right now the phone is paired with the Cardo. Those familiar with the new Cardo will know that it only has two bluetooth slots, and the phone needs one for access to the control app. I want to keep the other free, if I can, for use as a bridge to non-Cardo headset users. The 15+ intercom uses completely separate mesh net technology.

If I'm correct, I can pair the phone and the Zumo to one another, and then the Zumo to the Cardo using only one slot, and get music and phone capability in my headset. Does anyone know for certain which device gets paired with which and what functionality that pairing might deliver?

Complicating the problem is the fact that I have an existing Sena dongle (a BRP option at that time) installed on my '14 RT-S, which the dealer moved over from my trade in. I only tried it once with the G-9, and the sound quality was too poor and too low to be of any value. I've read reviews that purport that Sena intentionally hobbles the audio quality of anything paired other than Sena equipment. Has this been anyone's experience here? My hope here is to be able to pipe the XM radio through the headsets.

Thanks for reading this tech problem, sorting it all out can be really frustrating and time consuming. Relevant experience from other users is always helpful and appreciated.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

I'm looking for similar info. One thing though, I saw in a review that the packtalk can either do 2 bluetooth but no mesh, or mesh and 1 bluetooth.

So, if I want to be able to talk to a passenger then I only have 1 bluetooth slot open.

So can the phone and the Cardo both pair with the GPS and have all 3 talk?

Frustrating.
    I like the voice command feature of the Cardo, seems to be better than Sena's.

But if the Cardo won't let me link to a phone, gps, and passenger at the same time, thats a problem.