Spyder Garage

Question Battery and antenna Spyder RT

Good Morning

I would have some questions

1) How can I charge the battery without removing the front cover. Has anyone here a charging socket, built to charge the battery itself, if so where?

2) Fits the backrest (see photo) on my Spyder RT SE6 and can I still fold the seat comfortably?

3) which antenna is mounted on my Spyder RT and is it worthwhile to mount the 31 inch antenna?

4) Are there dead-angle mirrors (for a better consideration) for the RT?

Greeting dream Spyder$_9.JPGIMG_1865.jpg
    Spyder RT driving is like a marriage, one sitting in front and steering, the rear clinging

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Traumspyder View Post

1) How can I charge the battery without removing the front cover. Has anyone here a charging socket, built to charge the battery itself, if so where?

3) which antenna is mounted on my Spyder RT and is it worthwhile to mount the 31 inch antenna?
    It might be good to mention what year model you have.

1) Two choices. There are threads on here already about switching two fuses to make the 12 V power socket in the trunk "hot" all the time.......then it could be used to charge. In the US, all automotive stores have "SAE power connectors" that can be attached to the battery and run out into the front trunk for future use. Many small battery maintainers come with attachments for the cigarette-lighter power socket and the SAE connector.

3) Looks like the standard radio antenna. Depending on what frequency band you are going to be receiving, a longer one might or might not help.
    Probably not worth the bother.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I made a temporary hook up off the battery that seems to have become permanent because it's so handy. Went to Cycle gear and bought a long length of battery tender wire with SAE connectors on both ends. Also bought an inline fuse link (7 amp). Hooked the wire directly to the battery, installed the fuse link, and snaked the line up and toward the so called glove box and brought it out next to the gas cap. I guessed it approx. 3 ft. + long. When not in use it's stowed away easily under the seat. When needed to charge the battery, run power to my phone or run my heated clothing it's always handy and right where it needs to be. I bring the lead out from under the seat at the front next to the gas cap and from that position it seems to work well for anything I need to use it for. When charging our sena intercoms or running our heated clothing I just hook up a splitter to it and we're off and running.
    Last edited by 2dogs; 07-01-2018 at 11:10 AM.