Spyder Garage

Default F 3 muffler Question

I just test rode an 2018 F3 limited. Why is the 2017-18 F3 limited muffler louder then the RT, They look the same.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Not sure: A: If one is louder than the other or not (never compared them). and B: If one is louder than the other it's likely due to differences in internal baffling, and/or packing material etc.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default PACKING

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Not sure: A: If one is louder than the other or not (never compared them). and B: If one is louder than the other it's likely due to differences in internal baffling, and/or packing material etc.
    NO PACKING MATERIALS.....
    JUST MULTIPLE CHAMBERS.....
    i've taken a number of all the various BRP mufflers apart, and all have 3 chambers with no packing...
    note: these things are BULLET PROOF... all stainless steel, and extremely well manufactured...

i'm thinking he found the F3 to be louder than the RT, is because the RT's exhaust exit under a side-bag, and the F3's is out in the open.... just my guess....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i've taken a number of all the various BRP mufflers apart, and all have 3 chambers with no packing...
    note: these things are BULLET PROOF... all stainless steel, and extremely well manufactured...

i'm thinking he found the F3 to be louder than the RT, is because the RT's exhaust exit under a side-bag, and the F3's is out in the open.... just my guess....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    They both were a 17 and 18 F3 limited with bags and trunk. Both sounded the same. But my RTS is quieter.
    Last edited by JP58; 06-25-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default NO CLUE

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    They both were a 17 and 18 F3 limited with bags and trunk. Both sounded the same. But my RTS is quieter.
    with that said, i have no clue then....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Yes my 2017 F3-S muffler [oem] with cat is louder than my 2017 RT & the latter has the standard muffler with the cat delete pipe. My riding mates also agree. When I get time I'll pull the cat delete pipe off the RT & install on the F3-S, along with the oem muffler. I'll bet it's way too loud.

Spyder Garage

Shawn Smoak did a YouTube recently showing he swapped a F3L muffler to put on an RT. He said it is more open than a RT muffler and preferred the sound.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Good to know!

PS: Well built and bullet proof...............yea, but do they make one that's NOT ugly?

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags