Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn grips on RS did not go well

I got the same grips as ones for 09, 7/8” as there was no distinction between model year but handlebar on 15 RS was different. It’s real skinny on left, much thicker on right. After shaving off ribbed plastic tubing on right, I managed to get the grip on but it’s really fat... so much fatter than left.
    I guess I will get used to it like everything else in life.
    Last edited by aka1004; 06-24-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    I got the same grips as ones for 09, 7/8” as there was no distinction between year model but handlebars on 15 RS was different. It’s real skinny on left, much thicker on right. After shaving off ribbed plastic tubing on right, I managed to get the grip on but it’s really fat... so much fatter than left.
    I guess I will get used to it like everything else in life.

Having installed ISO grip on RSS and F3 models. I used item ISO 6240 which is for Honda. Right grip in set is slightly larger than left but works. May have to add a small amount of tape to left side before slipping grip on. Don't know how it affects heat passing through.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... All mtc grips are sized for the left and right ...... the people who make them KNOW that the right grip has the throttle piece added to the handle bar ..... try switching them .....Mike
    I was aware of that and used bigger one on the right.
    6 states down 42 states to go