Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handlebars

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    One other thing, Bruce....I think you would have raised this by now, but you don’t have the BRP Garmin GPS Mount on your F3-L do you? That will be a showstopper for the risers.

Pete
    Nope, don't us GPS when I ride. I'm old fashion I guess.

Thanks for the heads up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BruceA View Post
    I have a 2017 F3-L that fits me very well except it would be nice if the handlebars were about an inch closer to my body.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    I wanted the same thing on my 2017 F3-T but for very different reasons a few months back. I poked prodded measured and even got out a set of verniers to measure the different areas of the F3 bars … And so this is what finished up happening ...

Instead of going out and buying new bars straight off, I also had a good look at the workshop manual and found the bars are actually in three (3) pieces … The centre section is 28mm (1 1/8") OD and then the bars gradually taper either side to the two separate grip area pieces where they reduce down to 22mm or 7/8" O/D. I was really wanting to know what was limiting the handlebar positioning travel at all back and down?

By loosening off the 4 centre retaining bolts I was able to remove the handlebars completely. If you then have a close look, you will find the limit of travel (up and down / in effect, forward and aft ) is governed by the length of 2 small separate OEM slots.

I reasoned, if I ever so slightly lengthened these travel limit slots to allow a smidgeon more travel for the bars, I would just slightly extend the bars limit of travel and positioning … which I did.

So maybe no more than just an 1/8" or so was gently removed - using a Dremel …. With this tiny adjustment in travel gave me at least an inch or so both back and down that I was looking for to the area of the grips - and without at all compromising safety. For me this was perfect! - but each to their own

You may want to contemplate this, you may not … very easy … 5 to 10 minutes a side and the job was all resecured 15 minutes or so later with no more stressors to my shoulders … hope this helps …

Spyder Garage

I installed the Rox risers on my 2018 F3L and I cant get them tight enough to stop slipping. There in no knurling on the handlebars. The bars want to slip with average pressure on them. I tried a prick punch and hammer to mar the inside surface. Didn't help. What now any advice would be helpful.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Garmin Motorcycle mount

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    One other thing, Bruce....I think you would have raised this by now, but you don’t have the BRP Garmin GPS Mount on your F3-L do you? That will be a showstopper for the risers.

Pete
    Garmin has a motorcycle mount that can be mounted to the handle bar between the ROX risers.I will try adding a photo if i can figure out how to do that.

TomG

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I installed the Rox risers on my 2018 F3L and I cant get them tight enough to stop slipping. There in no knurling on the handlebars. The bars want to slip with average pressure on them. I tried a prick punch and hammer to mar the inside surface. Didn't help. What now any advice would be helpful.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...actory-Visitok

Spyder Garage

Default Ref JP58

I also installed the ROD risers (2inch) with the short reach bars. These bars are angled similar to regular motorcycle bars. Much more comfortable than the flat stock bars. Anyway, I couldn't get the bars from rotating as well. You can clamp down hard enough on the stock end, but at the bar end, It's slightly oversize just enough that it won't clamp down solid. My solution, I drilled and tapped for a 6-32 stainless socket head screw through the ROX clamp. Solved the problem. It's small and hardly noticeable. Got the drill and tap at Ace for less then $10.00 bucks. I use the bars to stand up and get off the bike and they were moving all the time. No problem anymore. Just another option.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by always young View Post
    I also installed the ROD risers (2inch) with the short reach bars. These bars are angled similar to regular motorcycle bars. Much more comfortable than the flat stock bars. Anyway, I couldn't get the bars from rotating as well. You can clamp down hard enough on the stock end, but at the bar end, It's slightly oversize just enough that it won't clamp down solid. My solution, I drilled and tapped for a 6-32 stainless socket head screw through the ROX clamp. Solved the problem. It's small and hardly noticeable. Got the drill and tap at Ace for less then $10.00 bucks. I use the bars to stand up and get off the bike and they were moving all the time. No problem anymore. Just another option.
    That is what I did today. Drill and tap thru center of top caps. Added a couple flat head hex bolts and problem solved.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

That is what I did today. Drill and tap thru center of top caps. Added a couple flat head hex bolts and problem solved.
    I cut two "shims" from a pepsi cola can, and inserted that. Fixed the slipping of the Rox risers!
    2016 F3Ltd , Red

Spyder Garage

I put BLUE Locktite on the bars and Riser. Works great.

Spyder Garage

PrairieSpyder , I rotated my bars down which help but I still have some reach issues. Is your trike an F3L, or due you know the diameter of your bars??

Please disregard the question I see you have an F3T, Sorry.

Thanks

Joe
    Last edited by jlc41; 09-19-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Lamont’s Billy Club bars gave me just the amount of height and distance I was looking for. The handlebars no longer hit my knees at full lock.......unfortunately though, my hands now hit the side of the windshield (both F4 and Madstad) at full lock.....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. This is not really an issue though, as they only just touch, and I have the bars set far more vertical than the vast majority will have them.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red