Spyder Garage

Default Spider trip to Nova Scotia

It's not a IBA ride this year. It's more like a take the time and sniff the flower ride. Going up through Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, headed back to East Tennessee Jump on your bike and come join us. You can just follow me on the spot Walla page. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...=0&showAll=yes

Jerry

Spyder Garage

Default NOVI

i did a ride to NOVA SCOTIA last July (2017)... 1 word: AWESOME....
    the Trans-Canadian Highway is an awesome road, in perfect condition....
    the Canadian people are awesome people, friendly in every way....
    the scenery is awesome, with green rolling hills, and NO liter to be found anywhere (why can't we do this in the USA?)
    the food was awesome, i ate fish every day...
    the beer is awesome, there are hundreds of micro-breweries all over Novi...
    the weather was awesome, mid 70's, sunny and low humidity...
    the Cabot Trail is awesome, although there was road construction at the most northern point (most likely completed by now)...
    enjoy your trip and be safe...
    20170715_134558 (1).jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Wife I go up into Canada 3-4 times in the summer and it is a great place to go. We both love it up there. Have a great trip. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I will be watching and following you. We Fly for Oregon to PA on Sept 20 and will spend three weeks driving up thru Niagara/ Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia ending I'm Boston. The route is planned and all hotel reservations are made. It is in a car though. Safe travels.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Nova Scotia was a trip I made in 1997 as a honeymoon trip. She left the party in 2010. Loved the scenery, the people, the food, etc. You are going to like it. Three favorites, Peggy's Cove, Bay of Funday, and the Acadian Settlement.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have had lobster as big as your forearm in Nova Scotia.

There is one really great pub in a basement on the warf in Halifax called "The Lower Deck" ...

https://www.lowerdeck.ca/

Good music and lots of laughs!

Spyder Garage

Left the house Thursday evening rain all the way up through Virginia. Nice weather up to New York to meet up with my buddies. Saturday and Sunday was nice riding through Ontario Quebec New Brunswick. Got into PEI and it started raining. We made it to the Cabot Trail and it was cold. The wind picked up everyday well we are on Nova Scotia. Was not able to get the Drone up to take some spectacular shots. We just missed the last ferry in Digby going to St John so we had to wait till 11 a.m. to the next one. And when we got off the ferry it was raining we run in rain all the way to New Hampshire.

Spyder Garage

On the Cabot Trail
    IMG_20180628_231849.jpg

Spyder Garage

Did the Cabot trail in June 2006 ,rained lots but was still a great ride .Hope to do it again .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default sorry

sorry to hear your trip wasn't the best....
    but i'm sure there are future ones that will be just fine...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Was this your first trip to Nova Scotia? Hope you get another chance to.ride it again. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

I was not suggesting this was a bad trip. We just had some rough days. Great scenery and the food was really good. It's things like that that makes you remember that trip. Like to trip 25 years ago a garbage truck went through the campground at 4am in the morning. Like a crow as big as a stork wake me up in the morning and your wife is ordering you to shoot it. The road construction going into Yellowstone the motorcycle and camper us were covered in mud. You can look back and remember that. And when you're with good friends looking at God's beautiful creation you're bound to have a good time.

IMG_20180628_223635392.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Slightly off topic

I have never been able to plot a course and transmit this to my GPS.
    I'm looking at that plotted course with envy.
    Does anyone know how to plot a course on Google Maps (or other map software) and upload to a GPS?

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CMA/IBA_rider View Post
    It's not a IBA ride this year. It's more like a take the time and sniff the flower ride. Going up through Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, headed back to East Tennessee Jump on your bike and come join us. You can just follow me on the spot Walla page. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...=0&showAll=yes

Jerry

By looking at your tracking you missed the snow on the Cabot trail by one day!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CMA/IBA_rider View Post

Jerry
    If you got the time do the "Chemin du Terrior" near Mirabel Quebec, great roads with lots of wineries, bakeries, meat places, Oka cheese to explore. will take most of the day. And from there cross over north of Montral and take the north shore of the St. Lawrence and then cross by ferry across from Rivere du loop. They are the best roads with the most beautiful and lots to see. without the trucks.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

I see you made it to Hartland NB. That is quite a covered bridge. Did you drive your Spyder through it? Sue and I have crossed this bridge with the Spyder and snomobiles. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    If you got the time do the "Chemin du Terrior" near Mirabel Quebec, great roads with lots of wineries, bakeries, meat places, Oka cheese to explore. will take most of the day. And from there cross over north of Montral and take the north shore of the St. Lawrence and then cross by ferry across from Rivere du loop. They are the best roads with the most beautiful and lots to see. without the trucks.
    The north shore of the St. Lawrence is one of the reasons I have a Spyder. I did the trans-Labrador loop last year (by car) and dropped back into Quebec from Labrador City. On the Côte-Nord, every third motorcycle was a Spyder. I bought mine 2 days after I got back to Virginia.

The Cabot Trail is one of my all time favorite rides. I've done it four times by motorcycle (pre-Spyder days) and had only one really bad weather trip. I love all the small towns on Cape Breton and usually stay in Chéticamp for at least one night.

Cabot Trail north 2 by Kristi, on Flickr
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map