Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Bought my Spyder on line and out of state. Arid-Zone-A had their hand out for the tax when it came time for me to title it. There is no escape.
    AZ is not much different than most other states and motor vehicles are a different breed as well.

If you had bought your Spyder from an individual (not having a resale license) you would not have paid any sales tax to AZ. Likewise, if you bought your Spyder from an out of state dealer and paid that state's sales tax you would not have paid AZ sales tax. Because most motor vehicles have to be registered the states knows when you have made a purchase and will try to collect any taxes due on the sale.

Also, and I don't know when this changed, but now in AZ the sales tax is figured by the rate established at your home address and not the location where you bought your vehicle. This change was made in AZ because the auto malls were sucking the various cities dry as far as motor vehicle sales taxes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post

The total number of taxing jurisdictions has exploded from 2,300 in 1967 to 12,000 today, 45 states have sales taxes of some sort, and thousands of local governments do as well.

Yes I heard the number was in excess of 10,000 different tax jurisdictions in the USA.
    It is going to mean the death of the freewheeling small entrepreneur who just sells stuff and ships it.

Spyder Garage

Here's another article that highlights the bureaucratic complexity this has created (hint: it ain't pretty):

http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blo...usinesses.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    Here's another article that highlights the bureaucratic complexity this has created (hint: it ain't pretty):

http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blo...usinesses.html
    Excellent resource. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum