Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Admore Smart Brake Light Bar on an F3-T?

Just wondering whether anyone has ever installed one of these Admore Smart Brake Lights on their F3-T? I like the idea, but I don't know how easy it would be to install or even where to install it. Ideally, I'd like it placed as high as possible (ie - right between the F3-T's brake lights), but I don't think that's feasible. All the install vids (none for the Spyder, of course ) show it going across the top of the license plate - but that's pretty low on the F3-T. I think that placing it so low would negate some if its usefulness.

So, has anyone installed one of these? If so:

- How do you like it?
    - How easy was the install?
    - Where did you place it?
    - How easy is it to program?

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Looks good & where you want it , All you gotta add is the BRP chopped fender share some pics when your done please.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I bought the AdMore SMT Light Bar (Small) for my 2017 F3S but was NOT able to use it. The light bar is a 6-wire connection setup that was NOT compatible with the F3S 3-wire setup. The F3S 3-wire setup is ground, tail light, and brake/turn light. The light bar setup is tail light, brake light, right turn signal, left turn signal, ground. You can download the installation instruction for your light bar from the AdMore website. I believe the F3T wire setup may be the same as the F3S. Verify before buy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trapdoor View Post
    I bought the AdMore SMT Light Bar (Small) for my 2017 F3S but was NOT able to use it. The light bar is a 6-wire connection setup that was NOT compatible with the F3S 3-wire setup. The F3S 3-wire setup is ground, tail light, and brake/turn light. The light bar setup is tail light, brake light, right turn signal, left turn signal, ground. You can download the installation instruction for your light bar from the AdMore website. I believe the F3T wire setup may be the same as the F3S. Verify before buy.
    Thanks so much for this info! Interesting that Admore lists wiring specifics for the Spyder and tout that it's CanBus-compatible, yet it doesn't work for you.

I'll steer clear of it now.

Sorry for your experience, and I hope that you got a refund.

Thanks, again!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

I installed it on my 2016 RT Limited and it works fine. I wouldn’t think the lights on the F3 would be that much different. See my other posts on the light:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...02#post1366902

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...88#post1366788

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Default It works just fine on my 2017 F3-L

Hello Newbert:
    I researched the Admore Smart Brake light system a year ago, along with Gear Brake and Vololight. This is discussed in a couple of previous posts on SL. The latter two companies both advised me that their product was not recommended for the F3. Admore told me theirs would work and was Canbus compatible; in my experience it works just fine. I had my dealer install it just above the licence plate when I had my first service done a year ago. It has functioned well, and does basically what I wanted it to do. For my purposes, all I really only cared about was an "early warning system" to let following traffic know that I was decelerating. I like to engine brake/downshift, and often do this without first tapping the brakes. This can mean that those following may not realize I'm slowing down. The Admore technology gives me the benefit of alerting others so that, hopefully, I don't get rear-ended. I didn't bother having it hooked into my turn lights; just had them activate the deceleration warning function along with the additional link to my brake lights, as this also adds an additional bright light when I do finally hit the brakes when stopping. So, I get both 'looks' - slowing as well as stopping. Simple job to make a connection to the light wires at the tail. At first, I did consider mounting it higher up, but then decided against drilling into the top case. It is still very effective at licence plate level. Your call as to whether you choose to get one, but I believe you will benefit from the added safety factor.
    20171027_170233.jpg20171027_170315.jpg
    Last edited by bushrat; 06-21-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Hello Newbert:
    I researched the Admore Smart Brake light system a year ago, along with Gear Brake and Vololight. This is discussed in a couple of previous posts on SL. The latter two companies both advised me that their product was not recommended for the F3. Admore told me theirs would work and was Canbus compatible; in my experience it works just fine. I had my dealer install it just above the licence plate when I had my first service done a year ago. It has functioned well, and does basically what I wanted it to do. For my purposes, all I really only cared about was an "early warning system" to let following traffic know that I was decelerating. I like to engine brake/downshift, and often do this without first tapping the brakes. This can mean that those following may not realize I'm slowing down. The Admore technology gives me the benefit of alerting others so that, hopefully, I don't get rear-ended. I didn't bother having it hooked into my turn lights; just had them activate the deceleration warning function along with the additional link to my brake lights, as this also adds an additional bright light when I do finally hit the brakes when stopping. So, I get both 'looks' - slowing as well as stopping. Simple job to make a connection to the light wires at the tail. At first, I did consider mounting it higher up, but then decided against having the drill into the top case. It is still very effective at licence plate level. Your call as to whether you choose to get one, but I believe you will benefit from the added safety factor.
    20171027_170233.jpg20171027_170315.jpg
    Good to hear that you got it to work - at least functional enough to satisfy you. I don't really care about it functioning as a turn signal either. The way it's working for you would be fine with me too. However - I don't like that its mounted so low (above the license plate) and wouldn't want to do any drilling to install it higher up either. (dilemmas, dilemmas).

Have you gotten any feedback from anyone following you as to its visibility and effectiveness? And can you program the sensitivity of the accelerometer? I also use engine braking a lot, but wouldn't want it coming on every time I slow down 1 mph. (I exaggerate, but you know what I mean....)
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    ... Have you gotten any feedback from anyone following you as to its visibility and effectiveness? And can you program the sensitivity of the accelerometer? I also use engine braking a lot, but wouldn't want it coming on every time I slow down 1 mph. (I exaggerate, but you know what I mean....)
    Yes, it can be programmed in many, many ways; the Admore site can explain. I believe this can be done from a smart phone as well as laptop. I haven't really played around much with mine yet, but plan to do so. And, yes, have ridden in group rides and have had others tell me they thought it was noticeable; one guy even thought I was a bit "brake happy", so I explained that it was simply coming on automatically when I slowed up. He just nodded and said nothing more. Sensitivity can be altered to suit. I've never had anyone complain about it. Best thing is, I don't seem to ever have many pushy 'tailgaters' or overly aggressive types trying to climb up my back, which suits me just fine. I believe a number of Formula 1 car racers are now using them as a warning to others that they are decelerating for corners, etc. The technology is readily available, and I am mystified why it isn't simply 'built in' to modern, computerized bikes as an added safety feature.
    Last edited by bushrat; 06-21-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Similarly, my installation of a T3 Feniex super bright LED as brake and signals motivates those behind me stop at a car length back. It alerts of me stopped for cars approaching from behind as well. Details here: >CLICK ME<

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey