Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar and fender

I want to:
    1. Adjust my handlebars upward.
    2. Remove and reinstall my front fenders.

A few questions.
    1. I have found the torque sequence for the handlebars, but not amount of torque I should use on those or the fenders. Can anybody tell me what those are?
    2. Should I use Loctite when I reinstall the bolts? Seems like Can-Am uses that on everything.
    3. Any special trick to removing the lights and reflectors from the fenders?

Thanks.

P.S. I have decided the best way to make my F3-T more visible is to get my fenders painted a Hi-Viz color (along with some stickers on my helmet). One person used prismatic tape on her fenders, and I think that is the best and cheapest solution. However that did not get the wife's approval. To meet budget I need to remove the fenders myself, so I am going to give working on my Spyder one more chance and hope I do not strip anymore bolts.

Interesting side note. While Hi-Viz yellow is more visible, Hi-Viz orange is more noticeable. My wife has final say on the color.
    Last edited by gnorthern; 06-20-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

Lights are not an option. Long story but my wife is willing to pay for paint with the household budget, but not lights. I do not have the expertise to do anything electrical on my Spyder. And I am not willing to spend my own money I have set aside for trips with my Spyder.

btw - I want my wife to make us stick to a budget. That is why I have a Spyder.
    Last edited by gnorthern; 06-20-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default That LED strip sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Unless you really LOVE what those two colors are going to look like ( ) ..... I would be thinking a strip of LED's on the outside edge of each fender ..... you could get your power from the fender TIP light ..... Awhile back I discovered AMBER LED strips that are only 5mm wide. they are thin enough to allow them to bend sideways , so they will ARC with the curve of the fender .... I think they are 17 inches long and have 3M adhesive tape for mounting ...... PM me for further info ....... Mike ..... PS nothing you do will guarantee the Spyder will be seen by another motorist .....because if it were true people would NEVER hit Fire Trucks in traffic and the fact is Fire trucks get hit TOO often ......just sayin ....... On the handlebar thing someone if the F-3 crowd will help on that question
    Mike, could you give us more info on that LED strip? Where you bought it and part number if possible. This sounds like an easy and visible mod. Thanks.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod