Thread: F3-S rear shock

Spyder Garage

Default F3-S rear shock

I'm in the process of purchasing a rear shock from the Shock-Factory for my new 2017 F3-S.They don't have on line ordering, only international bank transfers & I find this a little odd. They are based in France.
    Has anyone had any dealings with this company.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My personal experience with foreign companies is to stay away if they do not know how to easily sell/warranty their wares.
    If the transaction is this difficult now can you imagine customer service or warranty issues?
    Too many north American companies offer wonderful products to deal with difficult foreign companies.

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    I'm in the process of purchasing a rear shock from the Shock-Factory for my new 2017 F3-S.They don't have on line ordering, only international bank transfers & I find this a little odd. They are based in France.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're right, but we are in oz - so same issues wherever we import it from !

Spyder Garage

I know of a number of buyers here in the UK who have been extremely pleased with the shock factory m-shock. I haven't ordered form them myself but I do intend getting a pair of fronts (£600 per pair).

I wasn't aware they only took bank transfer, they have a UK outlet with this website: http://www.shock-factory.co.uk/m-shocks-home.html Did you contact these guys - +441858 288021? Their address is real - it's a unit on an industrial estate according to google maps. Just looked and this is their order page: http://www.shock-factory.co.uk/m-shocks-order.html It says you say what requirements you have and then they send you a secure payment page to pay. Maybe that is a card payment?

Importing is always a risk, especially sending money by bank transfer, but it's quite normal in Europe. I imported my Spyder from Germany and paid for it by bank transfer before flying out to collect it. That was 19000 euros () but I read up on German bank transfers beforehand and they are guaranteed by law. Virtually no-one uses Paypal etc. in Germany - they all use bank transfer. So may not be as suspicious as it sounds.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I know of a number of buyers here in the UK who have been extremely pleased with the shock factory m-shock. I haven't ordered form them myself but I do intend getting a pair of fronts (£600 per pair).

I wasn't aware they only took bank transfer, they have a UK outlet with this website: http://www.shock-factory.co.uk/m-shocks-home.html Did you contact these guys - +441858 288021? Their address is real - it's a unit on an industrial estate according to google maps. Just looked and this is their order page: http://www.shock-factory.co.uk/m-shocks-order.html It says you say what requirements you have and then they send you a secure payment page to pay. Maybe that is a card payment?

Importing is always a risk, especially sending money by bank transfer, but it's quite normal in Europe. I imported my Spyder from Germany and paid for it by bank transfer before flying out to collect it. That was 19000 euros () but I read up on German bank transfers beforehand and they are guaranteed by law. Virtually no-one uses Paypal etc. in Germany - they all use bank transfer. So may not be as suspicious as it sounds.
    Thanks monkeyboymorton. I was a little suspicious & did some research & actually spoke to the owner of the company. Yes, bank transfers is all they use. All is good & shock is on order.

Spyder Garage

Excellent, glad you're sorted.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Default Wilbers.

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Do a search on internet and se if anybody selling Wilbers in your country. Wilbers are german and makes really good shocks for Spyders, i live in sweden and got one tru a Swedish dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
    Do a search on internet and se if anybody selling Wilbers in your country. Wilbers are german and makes really good shocks for Spyders, i live in sweden and got one tru a Swedish dealer.
    He’s already ordered it, Gunnar.....and he posted on another thread that he has had a less than satisfactory outcome with Wilbers previously, which is why he didn’t go with them through an Aussie distributor........Personally, I LOVE my Wilbers, but everyone has different experiences where goods/services don’t work out for whatever reason

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    He’s already ordered it, Gunnar.....and he posted on another thread that he has had a less than satisfactory outcome with Wilbers previously, which is why he didn’t go with them through an Aussie distributor........Personally, I LOVE my Wilbers, but everyone has different experiences where goods/services don’t work out for whatever reason

Pete
    Pete, you are spot on.