Spyder Garage

Default Removing error codes from a 2011 RT ?????

Does anyone know of a way to remove all the error codes from the " Nanny " and, give it a fresh start ????? OR can this only be done by a dealer ?????

Spyder Garage

If you are talking about faults that are in an occured state. They can only be cleared by someone with the BUDS software and interface. Unusually a dealer. Why would you want to or need to?

If you are talking about faults that are active. They will change from active to occured state on their own. When the root cause has been fixed. Clearing faults does not fix anything.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you have an annoying orange screen what code or codes are showing, most will clear themselves or just become inactive, some can be reoccurring & demand attention.
    the most annoying can be the "brake failure" simply park on a steep hill or be a teaspoon low on brake fluid & . No worries it's just Hyper sensitive Check your fluid on a LEVEL spot add as needed & your good. Until then
    EVERY TIME you touch the brakes the screen pops back up .

Just a heads up

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Exclamation That is exactly what happened .

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Sounds like you have an annoying orange screen what code or codes are showing, most will clear themselves or just become inactive, some can be reoccurring & demand attention.
    the most annoying can be the "brake failure" simply park on a steep hill or be a teaspoon low on brake fluid & . No worries it's just Hyper sensitive Check your fluid on a LEVEL spot add as needed & your good. Until then
    EVERY TIME you touch the brakes the screen pops back up .

Just a heads up
    Brake fluid is okay, I parked on a slight hill and, the " dreaded " orange light cme on, I have ridden about 125 miles since then and, the orange screen still comes on every time I use the brake ! I did not pull the code but, I can . Just very annoying. THANKS for the reply !!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If you are talking about faults that are in an occured state. They can only be cleared by someone with the BUDS software and interface. Unusually a dealer. Why would you want to or need to?

If you are talking about faults that are active. They will change from active to occured state on their own. When the root cause has been fixed. Clearing faults does not fix anything.
    I parked on a slight hill and, that is when the orange brake failure light came on . Checked brake fluid and, everything seems fine . I have ridden about 125 miles and, every time I use the brake the orange screen comes on . I can just hit the menu button a few times and, the main orange screens goes off. It is just very annoying and, I would like to get rid of it. Thanks for the reply !!!!!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnphipps View Post
    I parked on a slight hill and, that is when the orange brake failure light came on . Checked brake fluid and, everything seems fine . I have ridden about 125 miles and, every time I use the brake the orange screen comes on . I can just hit the menu button a few times and, the main orange screens goes off. It is just very annoying and, I would like to get rid of it. Thanks for the reply !!!!!
    Hey John. The thing is, even though the brake fluid level seems fine, it's not. That white plastic part in the rear of each chamber is the level sensor. There's a little float in the center of it. So, when you park on a hill, or put on the brakes, the fluid level sloshes forward and triggers the code due to low level. And it doesn't help matters that the reservoir itself is mounted on a slant, either.

Park on a level surface and just add about a tablespoon while you watch the little float. Add just enough to get it to raise up a little. And yes, the level in the front of the chamber will strike you as being high, but that's OK. Put the cap back on with the little raised bump - which is the vent - towards the rear of the bike and you'll be good to go. That code will reset and the orange screen will go away on its own without needing to go to the dealer.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 08-26-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238