Spyder Garage

Default DOES ANYBODY KNOW

What the Spyder icon that appeared in the trip meter box on my center screen display indicates? It literally looks like a Spyder as if you were looking down on it from above. It would flash on for about 3-4 seconds, then off for 3-4 seconds and the trip meter would reappear. Kept doing it over and over. I've seen other icons there, but never this one. I spoke to the technician at my dealer, and he has never seen it either, nor could he find any about it information on BossWeb, so he was really stumped and said "this is gonna drive me nuts until I find out what it is." Any clues?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    What the Spyder icon that appeared in the trip meter box on my center screen display indicates? It literally looks like a Spyder as if you were looking down on it from above. It would flash on for about 3-4 seconds, then off for 3-4 seconds and the trip meter would reappear. Kept doing it over and over. I've seen other icons there, but never this one. I spoke to the technician at my dealer, and he has never seen it either, nor could he find any about it information on BossWeb, so he was really stumped and said "this is gonna drive me nuts until I find out what it is." Any clues?
    Pretty sure it's a VSS fault. The trip meter box is used to display fault icons. First thing I would check is make sure the passenger seat sensor switch is plugged in. Do you by chance have some kind of load on the pax seat that may be bouncing up and down. Check for error codes the next time you see it. There are a lot of components with input to the VSS and any one of them could be bad, like maybe a speed sensor on one of the wheels.

Do you see a similar icon on the tachometer screen?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Check Engine light was on the tach, nothing else. My wife was on the passenger seat. The code I pulled up was P0902, Transmission Control Module. Before the Spyder icon showed up, there was an exclamation point inside a circle that looks like a gear and "Check Transmission" on the main screen. The tech thinks-over the phone anyway- that it's either a shifter solenoid or a loose ground. It never ends.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default 998cc model?

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Check Engine light was on the tach, nothing else. My wife was on the passenger seat. The code I pulled up was P0902, Transmission Control Module. Before the Spyder icon showed up, there was an exclamation point inside a circle that looks like a gear and "Check Transmission" on the main screen. The tech thinks-over the phone anyway- that it's either a shifter solenoid or a loose ground. It never ends.
    I got that same error, but along with shifting problems. Any weirdness like getting stuck in gear? Shifting from 3rd to 4th and winding up in Neutral? The gearbox Position Sensor is a poorly made sensor that likes to fail. I have a thread or two on this. Replaced mine myself, takes time but not too awful.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    I got that same error, but along with shifting problems. Any weirdness like getting stuck in gear? Shifting from 3rd to 4th and winding up in Neutral? The gearbox Position Sensor is a poorly made sensor that likes to fail. I have a thread or two on this. Replaced mine myself, takes time but not too awful.
    Yes, 998. Wouldn't shift into neutral or reverse, then magically it would. Upshifting/downshifting worked fine.