Thread: Wiring color

Spyder Garage

Default Wiring color

In the 5 pins plug by the right saddle bag, what color wire applies to each function, ie: turn signal, brake, backup, etc... ?
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default 5 Pin plug

Quote Originally Posted by mbenazeraf View Post
    In the 5 pins plug by the right saddle bag, what color wire applies to each function, ie: turn signal, brake, backup, etc... ?
    Assuming you are referring to the 5 pin connector that the right hand tail light assembly is connected to they are as follows:

Pin Color Function

1 white Brake light
    2 orange Running light
    3 brown/black strip Backup light
    4 brown/yellow strip Right turn light
    5 black Ground

If this isn't the connector you are referring to post a picture of it's location.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Assuming you are referring to the 5 pin connector that the right hand tail light assembly is connected to they are as follows:

Pin Color Function

1 white Brake light
    2 orange Running light
    3 brown/black strip Backup light
    4 brown/yellow strip Right turn light
    5 black Ground

If this isn't the connector you are referring to post a picture of it's location.
    Thank you but you list on #2 Orange Running Light. Shouldn't that be Red running light?
    Can I assume there is another connector by the left saddle bag that also controls the Left Turn Signal?

Based on this, is each side (Left/Right) is controlled by its own 5 pins connectors? I'm new and learning. Thanks.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mbenazeraf View Post
    Thank you but you list on #2 Orange Running Light. Shouldn't that be Red running light?
    Can I assume there is another connector by the left saddle bag that also controls the Left Turn Signal?

Based on this, is each side (Left/Right) is controlled by its own 5 pins connectors? I'm new and learning. Thanks.

Thanks.
    The column labeled color is the color of the wire not the color of the light. The column labeled function explains the function of each wire. You are correct that there is a 5 pin connector for the left side The wire color an function is the same for pins 1,2,3 and 5. Pin number 4 will be a gray/pink stripe wire and it is for the left turn signal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    The column labeled color is the color of the wire not the color of the light. The column labeled function explains the function of each wire. You are correct that there is a 5 pin connector for the left side The wire color an function is the same for pins 1,2,3 and 5. Pin number 4 will be a gray/pink stripe wire and it is for the left turn signal.
    My apologies. I read your reply too fast. Make sense. Thanks for your help.