Spyder Garage

Default stucke in 3rd gear

Today several of us went riding on Blue Ridge Parkway. Once we got to Boone NC we got off. When we stopped to get gas my wife told me it's stuck in 3rd gear. We have a 2010 RT SE5. After we got gas and let it sit for a while, it still remained in 3rd gear when you started it up. Fortunately it was 3rd gear so she was able to ride it home approx. 70 miles. Does anyone know what may be causing this? My dealer isn't open until Tuesday. I was hoping it may be something simple that I could take care of without having to put it in the shop.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the shift leakage came off the hydraulic activator. Look under the bike on the left side about where the driver footpeg is. Hopefully you will see the leakage hanging down. Hope this helps.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

On the left side. Just in front of the foot peg. Look under the plastic panel there. Very likely the shifter arm fell off the spline shaft. You should see the shifter arm hanging there. Slide it back on the spline shaft. Then tighten the pinch bolt.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default One more....

sometimes the shift arm will only slip cause the arm is loose but unless the pinch bolt fell out then arm should still be on the shaft. You can try to retighten it if the splines are still in good shape...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black