Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Wow, thanks for all of the input. As mentioned part of my problem is my inseam, I rest my feet on the fenders on long trips. The ultimate tallboy was a great investment the addition of an airhawk might just help on the long days. I think if I were to do it over a Russell might be on the top of the list. Thanks again
    2015 Rt S Se

Spyder Garage

I throw a BeadRider log (er Beadrider seat) on this fire. Installed it on my Spyder before my first Iron Butt SS1K last year and was comfy all day, Before that 2 tanks would have me a monkey butt. No more. But I also +1 the others that say it's an individual solution for you that is right. And I've met others who have tried several options before finding their RIGHT solution.
    Since I've got a '13 I have to stop every 150 miles or so for fuel, so that helps some too.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Russel Day Long is probably the best you can get. They have that John Deere Tractor look, but it fits fairly well with the Spyder.
    I had an ST1100. A great long distance bike with a seat made from open cell foam. After an hour it collapsed and I was dying.
    I had great success with it , the ST1100 couldn't handle the tractor look.
    For me, so far the stock seat on the Spyder has been satisfactory, on both my 2010 and my 2014.
    Still, you've got me thinking. Maybe I'll get a new seat at Spyderquest.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuzz View Post
    Having recently transitioned from a Harley Ultra to the RTS I found the CanAm seat to be the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. Partly due to the foot and leg ergonomics with my height. I finally ran across another rider who had a Corbin custom seat on his bike and he let me sit on it. I immediately ordered one for myself and I love it. It moves the rider back about one and a half to two inches, which makes a huge difference. We just returned from Tennessee where we spent a couple of 6 to 7 hour days riding the Smokey Mountains and the Tail of the Dragon 2 up. Stopped for a break about every two hours and it was great. The seat is terrific. Not so much the price. They're pretty pricey and I wouldn't bother to order the rider back rest if I had it to do over. It sits too high up and doesn't really provide any lumbar support. Before you spend the money, track down someone who has one and try it for yourself.
    Having experienced the original seat, and the BRP ultra (h ha) I knew I had to go a different route for my new 2017. I went to Corbin and they built me a truly custom seat. Back 4 and up 1. Beautifully stitched, fairly flat,nicely firm, just beautiful. I didn't mind losing the driver backrest option, and I didn't care about the passenger room. This thing is AWESOME. and they were excellent to deal with.
    I need to get some pics up of my new ryde anyway, so soon you can all look at their handiwork.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony 44 View Post
    Wow, thanks for all of the input. As mentioned part of my problem is my inseam, I rest my feet on the fenders on long trips. The ultimate tallboy was a great investment the addition of an airhawk might just help on the long days. I think if I were to do it over a Russell might be on the top of the list. Thanks again
    Yeah, I also rest my feet on the fenders on my F3-L, Harmony (or at least I did a couple of times, until I got some of lamont’s Highway pegs.). Having tried nearly all the options mentioned above, I reckon the Airhawk is as good an option as any to try to get comfort. It’s also pretty easy to sell if it doesn’t work out. Good luck

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Coupon code for Alaska Leather

I went to Alaska Leather to get a buttpad, and was searching for coupon codes. They have the weirdest one, but it works! "deadsheep" takes 10% off your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    I can vouch for MotorcycleDaves Gel pads.
    And also try some LD Comfort shorts, if you haven't already.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/ld-comfort-shorts-review/

Also ---- https://alaskaleather.com/collection...pskin-buttpads --- or any like product, quite a few makers out there.

Spyder Garage

Post Corbin

I have an Airhawk pad and did about 100 mi the other day and was still good for another 100. I had Corbin's on my ST1100, 1200 Goldwing, 05 Goldwing and my Valkyrie and loved everyone of them. I made a Las Vegas run on the 05 round trip in 1 day (600 mi) and was still good for more and yes they are pricy and not for everyone but I will probably end up with one soon.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKEN LEAVE IT ALONE

2014 White Spyder RT LTD

Spyder Garage

Is it the seat or is my butt is broken. The stock seat had me squirming at mile 50 with no relief after a short stop. My ultimate seat is good to around mile 80 and with a 10 minute stop good for another 80. Should I try another seat or is this normal? I have never been comfortable on longer rides no matter what I was riding so it's probably me.
    How long have you had he ultimate seat??? I ask because there is a break in period to get used to most aftermarket seats.
    I ask because I'm like you. I've never had a stock seat on a motorcycle that didn't cause me exteme pain.
    With our 2011 Spyder RT my wife and I were good for about 50 miles before we had to get the heck off the bike.
    We bought an untimate seat and now we're good for 80-100 miles. When I'm riding alone with the untimate seat I can ride until I need gas.
    I've used 3 different aftermarket seats on several 2 wheel bikes.
    Ultimate: the best we've used for the price
    Corbin: too hard for both of us
    Mustang: better than the corbin but definately not as good for us as the ultimate.

Hve you tried an Air Hawk cushion? A lot of people say that the really help. We tried them on the stock Spyder seat and the definately helped but the ultimate seat helped more.
    We haven't used the Air Hawk cushions with the ultimate seat because we haven't felt the need.

Good luck
    regards
    Greg
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman;1369946 [B
    Forget about all of the Asses in here, who are telling you what to do!
    You only need to listen to ONE Ass: your own!
    Everybody has their own level of comfort, and how to achieve it: happy shopping; while you find yours!
    Best advice for MANY things here
    Last edited by Docster; 06-20-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Had the same issues stated by many on my f3s, only 50 miles or so. Had me squirming like crazy, couldn't wait to get off the bike. Air Hawk seemed a logical solution, could get almost 80 to 100 miles time in the saddle until that same squirming sensation AGAIN trying to get comfortable. My next step was a gel pad, GREAT this is it, nope, same 0 same 0. What will it take to really enjoy the bike I thought to myself often. Let me say this now before continuing, all butts are different, just a fact of life and what makes some comfy and happy may be a nightmare for others. I pondered for a while and decided to give Russel Day Long a shot. Beautiful seat, after break in of approximately 400 plus miles, I can honestly say it feels Marvelous. No more crampy, sore butt, squirmy movements, I just want to get off of this thing thoughts running through my head. So far I've only been on a 7 hour ride in length with my RDL seat without issues but it's your decision, your money, your butt, your happiness, The Balls in Your Court...….Good Luck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The problem isn't the seat it is your own butt.

My wife rides comfortably for hours and hours on a stock seat. Not me. She has a wider seating position than I do ... mine which is downright skinny. Yes I have a thin bony ass. I even use a cushion on our kitchen chairs. I must or I really feel it in just a few minutes.

I have tried the expensive solutions such as custom seats (corbin) but nothing comes close to Airhawk R inflatable seats.

I have several of them now ... for my office chair ... for my kitchen chair ... everything except my TV watching lounge chair.

I really really recommend you try the Airhawk R inflatable for a couple hundred bucks you can't go wrong.

What can I say ... ? I have a bony ass ...

Spyder Garage

Default Hartco.com SEATS

Is it the seat or is my butt is broken. The stock seat had me squirming at mile 50 with no relief after a short stop. My ultimate seat is good to around mile 80 and with a 10 minute stop good for another 80. Should I try another seat or is this normal? I have never been comfortable on longer rides no matter what I was riding so it's probably me.
    My same comments replaced Ultimate seat with same issues with Hartco seat Cresent City Florida problem solved. Contact Mark Hart great person building seats since 1989.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    While it may be you, rather then spend a whole bunch of money on another seat that may not work,follow Dave's suggestion.
    completely. I did the mod myself, front and back, with Dave's gel/memory foam pad and it made a huge difference. I'm a left hip disarticulation amputee (leg gone from hip socket down) and have a lot of sensitivity in my left hip. This mod helped that problem immensely! The best solution for the money by far!

Spyder Garage

I had an Ultimate on a GW trike and found it very comfortable. But, I hated having to keep a rain cover on the seat while traveling. I did this so I didn't have to stop and put the cover on every time it rained. I also loved my Corbin, and never had to worry about a rain cover. Any thoughts on using the rain cover?

Mike