Spyder Garage

Default Installing used exhaust

I got an awesome deal on a two brothers dual carbon fiber exhaust system. The main parts are still attached but other than that’s there is no hardwear with the kit. My question is can i reuse hardwear from the stock system such as bolt said and spring? Also, when connecting 5e system to the header pipe I should this where i would put the Honda y gasket that I’ve seen so much talk about? If so, does anyone know the exact part number? And lastly, I swear, ive heard that replacing header gaskets could help with the heat issue so should I go ahead and do this while erything is off? I’m going to try and post pics of new system so you can see what im working with. Hope I can do it right this time.

So still can’t post pics. It keeps telling me it’s invalid even though it’s a png file straight from my library.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Demndawg View Post
    .......So still can’t post pics. It keeps telling me it’s invalid even though it’s a png file straight from my library.
    If all else fails, load the image directly from your phone or tablet camera by clicking on 'Manage Attachments' under Attachments in Additional Options below the post reply text field; then Add File, Choose File, & finally Camera (or if you already have it as an image file, My Files. ) Once you've taken a new pic or chosen an existing file, click on Done (or OK) then Upload, Insert Image (& repeat the choose file thing for any other images you want to add until you are happy!) & then finally click on Done before finishing your text entry & submitting the reply.

Oh, and you probably can use the old hardware, if it's in good nick.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Demndawg View Post
    I got an awesome deal on a two brothers dual carbon fiber exhaust system. The main parts are still attached but other than that’s there is no hardwear with the kit. My question is can i reuse hardwear from the stock system such as bolt said and spring? Also, when connecting 5e system to the header pipe I should this where i would put the Honda y gasket that I’ve seen so much talk about? If so, does anyone know the exact part number? And lastly, I swear, ive heard that replacing header gaskets could help with the heat issue so should I go ahead and do this while erything is off? I’m going to try and post pics of new system so you can see what im working with. Hope I can do it right this time.

So still can’t post pics. It keeps telling me it’s invalid even though it’s a png file straight from my library.
    You should be able to reuse the bolts and spring. Be careful screwing the O2 sensor back in.

I think a header gasket and Y gasket are the same thing, BRP calls them slip joints. After about 2k miles they burn out, thus the heat. The Honda Y gaskets last much longer. I've got 50k on mine and they're still good. Get two, for both header pipes. The part number is 18392-MAM-000.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    You should be able to reuse the bolts and spring. Be careful screwing the O2 sensor back in.

I think a header gasket and Y gasket are the same thing, BRP calls them slip joints. After about 2k miles they burn out, thus the heat. The Honda Y gaskets last much longer. I've got 50k on mine and they're still good. Get two, for both header pipes. The part number is 18392-MAM-000.

Thanks for the info on Specific part number. Ordering now.
    And Peter, I tried exactly what you said but for some reason I am still getting a very long invalid code after I hit upload. The only thing I can figure I should that I’m using wi-fi here at the hospital and it Maynard be restricting me. I’m going to try again in a bit after turning the wi-fi off on my phone and use 4g.