Spyder Garage

Default 2016 ST-S and Hot Feet

As the temps are getting warmer, I've noticed BOTH feet getting very warm, up to mid-shin level. Not necessarily any more on one side than the other. Not burning, just warm. Granted I've been wearing my riding boots, and the couple times I wore lightweight mesh hikers was a bit better, but it seems the curved panels in front of the footboards eliminate ALL the airflow.
    I briefly considered some sort of highway pegs, but I've only a 26 inseam, so there's not many convenient locations that I could use AND I don't like the idea of my foot being so far from the brake pedal.
    Suggestions appreciated!
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Bump...anybody?
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

We've had a 14 ST-L since 2015 and have had no problems with heat on the feet. I know there was a huge improvement on heat dissipation from 13-14 but your 16 should be the same as our 14.
    Wife has a 2014 ST-L
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Default It’s HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    Bump...anybody?
    We have a ‘13 ST-S. My wife quick shifts the bike, her feet hug the lower panels. She was complaining about heat also. I removed panels under the bike to allow more ventilation, installed updated radiator panel in lower right side.
    In a recent ride I ask her to keep the bike above 4000 RPM, this keeps oil and coolant moving. And move her feet out from the lower metal panels. She wears 6” hiking boots, after the ride she stated the heat was not as bad as it has been.
    Next, I plan to remove the “Cadillac Perverter”. Using a cutting wheel I will cut the lower chamber off. Chisel, grinder remove material, then remove the entire piece to allow a muffler shop to weld it together... or I might teach myself to weld.
    Early models did have graham cracker gaskets between header pipes & the converter, which caused heat in the area you mentioned. Ours was good, you might check yours with everything cold.
    Hope this helps. Ride safe my friend!

Spyder Garage

The curved panels are there to keep water from getting on your feet. The highway pegs that Lamontster sells mount right in front of those and curve back towards you, so you could use them even with shorter legs. The older models used to blow hot air from the radiator out along the side of the body, and would make your thighs hot. I thought they changed that on the later St's to go more out the side in front of the curved panels.