Spyder Garage

Default Broken Right front Fender supports - my fix!

Last year while out on a ride I noticed my front fender was doing alot of shaking. Stopped a store and inspected the problem. The support tube(rear support) had broke right above the bracket that bolts to the hub assembly. Made temporary repairs and made it home. Next day had it repaired at a local machine shop. Saturday leaving a Family function I noticed the same front fender shaking again. Got home and the front support had broke. These support tubes are hollow, so I used 1/4" threaded rod as a temporary support . Went on a big ride yesterday, worked great. Took it off this morning and went to local machine shop and had that support repaired. Fender is now better than new. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Any pictures of this master piece??
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

No, it looks like factory. Sorry
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Last year while out on a ride I noticed my front fender was doing alot of shaking. Stopped a store and inspected the problem. The support tube(rear support) had broke right above the bracket that bolts to the hub assembly. Made temporary repairs and made it home. Next day had it repaired at a local machine shop. Saturday leaving a Family function I noticed the same front fender shaking again. Got home and the front support had broke. These support tubes are hollow, so I used 1/4" threaded rod as a temporary support . Went on a big ride yesterday, worked great. Took it off this morning and went to local machine shop and had that support repaired. Fender is now better than new. Bruce
    On my 08 GS ( bought in 09 ) before I had learned much about Spyders .... I flipped / reversed my front shocks .... I didn't know Can-am shocks won't work as designed if you do this ..... My front suspension no longer worked as well as it had been and Yep I broke my front supports .... I fixed them the same way you did .... and never broke again ..... great minds think alike ............. Mike