Thread: Air Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default Air Shocks

I have a 2015 RTL, I have only one problem every time riding two-up and when we come to a stop the rear air shocks go crazy, the dealer said it is just the shocks adjusting after stopping. it gets old just telling other bikers and people in their cars it is just a normal thing with a Spyder. I even got comments " that is one reason I would not get an Spyder, It's got to be embarrassing" any suggestions?

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag

Spyder Garage

Our Spyders don't have Air Shocks per se, but they do have an Air bag ride height adjustment system that is mounted near the shock, some of which, like yours, have an automatic levelling system. And yeah, they will adjust as the ride height varies when you start & stop, especially while you are ryding 2 up, & especially if you aren't stopping quite as smoothly as you maybe could.... but if everybody around you can hear the compressor going at it, maybe your compressor, or the levelling system itself is getting a little tired?! Generally, with smooth starts & stops, the compressor noise is almost imperceptible to anyone more than a couple of feet away, and even if it is a bit noisy (the piston can become loose on the crank & make noises for a while before breaking!) the pumping is usually only happening for a couple of seconds at most!!

So if yours is making noises that others can readily hear, or it's hammering away for more than just a fes seconds, it probably needs looking at!! There are better after-market compressors available, but you'd either hafta fit it yourself or find a non-dealer mechanic prepared to do it - but it's not really HARD, just bleedjn fiddly!!

Over to you...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I have a 2015 RTL, I have only one problem every time riding two-up and when we come to a stop the rear air shocks go crazy, the dealer said it is just the shocks adjusting after stopping. it gets old just telling other bikers and people in their cars it is just a normal thing with a Spyder. I even got comments " that is one reason I would not get an Spyder, It's got to be embarrassing" any suggestions?
    Have another experienced Spyder owner drive it and see if it's normal or not.
    2014 RTL Platinum