Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Questions About Adjustable Rear Air Shock - F3-T (NOT Limited)

Based on feedback to a question on another thread, leads me to have to ask a basic question about my 2016 F3-T (NOT Limited).

Does my F3-T have an adjustable rear air shock or does it not? If so, where/how do I access it (ie - fill it up)? A quick look at the online operator's manual yielded no info. (Maybe I just missed it?)

If the rear shock IS adjustable, what should the PSI level be? I ride alone and weigh about 215-220 lbs.

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Default Under the rear seat

Hi, All 2016 F3T/L have the Air Controlled Suspension (ACS) with manual adjustment. Remove passenger seat, on the left side there is a silver cap on an air valve. The recommended pressure is on a sticker on the bottom of the passenger seat. Or you can have this added https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/a...nsion-kit.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please report back after you air up the shock, I would bet that you had zero air in it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Based on feedback to a question on another thread, leads me to have to ask a basic question about my 2016 F3-T (NOT Limited).

Does my F3-T have an adjustable rear air shock or does it not? If so, where/how do I access it (ie - fill it up)? A quick look at the online operator's manual yielded no info. (Maybe I just missed it?)

If the rear shock IS adjustable, what should the PSI level be? I ride alone and weigh about 215-220 lbs.

Thanks!
    I usually run with 30 PSI. Try this. That is with two up and single. Add more to level an attached trailer. Make sure the valve is tight. You will need a special wrench for the valve. Mine was loose by 3/4 of a turn. That's the valve inside the valve stem. I was loosing pressure in a weeks time, now it lasts.

Chris
    One of the FIRST to own a Spyder 2008 No.2817 Premier Edition Spyder GS. I knew a good thing when I saw it!!

2016 F3-T, LED Headlights, Frnt. & Bck. Side Marker Lights, Back Frnt. Fender Lights, Trailer Hitch. Floor Boards Frnt. and Bck. Third Brake light. Cannonball seats. F4 24" windshileld. ( CAT Delete Pipe (muffler bck. on) ) 2003 Valkyrie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default MUCH BETTER!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Please report back after you air up the shock, I would bet that you had zero air in it.
    Yup -- you were right. If there was any air in it, it was only a pound or two. I filled it to 30 psi and immediately noticed a difference in ride.

That and lowering my fronts OEM tires to 19 psi really seems to help.

Thanks everyone!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Default setting sag vs psi

Start with zero psi , take a tape measure from the ground to a given spot on the rear of the bike. This is how low the bike is at zero psi. Then add air until the suspension is fully extended and measure this increased height. By lifting on the rear of the bike you can verify if the suspension is fully extended. This will be your max psi amount.
    Now let out air until there is one inch of sag off the fully extended height. This is generally the correct psi for one rider. For two up you might need zero or 1/2 inch of sag.
    The logic being, if you have too much psi you are riding on a rubber ball and not the shock. Or if you have zero psi your rear shock is likely half compressed and very close to bottoming out.
    Hope this helps?
    Dennis