Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Let us know how you like the new 360 bulbs.
    I have a set in the box in the garage. One of these first days I need to replace spark plugs, replace the headlight LEDs I got from Xenon Depot, and put in fog light LEDs. Figured I ought to do it all the same time since replacing the plugs requires the frunk to be taken off!

I have not been enamored with the LEDs from Xenon Depot. Will let you know how the T 360° work out.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 360* LEDs

I also will let you all know when I get the new bulbs.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Last year the right side headlights(# 9005 6000k) LED lights were not working. I replaced left & right side with the LED Lights that have the fans. These give a wider view on the road, more visibility to on coming traffic, and for safety.

I have not had any issues with the above LED's

I have a 2014RTS-SE6 .

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

I installed some LED headlights on my bike. Within two months the right-hand one died. I put the original bulbs back in and called it even. I didn't bother asking the supplier for a replacement.

I did this based on my experience with aftermarket bulbs in my BMW RT. I tried a number of brighter, cleaner, magical bulbs, including an early LED type, none of which lasted a full riding season. After a few years of experimenting, I simply reinstalled the original bulb and called it good. I wasn't desparate enough for additional lighting to go the HID route. I eventually installed a pair of Moto-Lights on the front forks, which addressed my visibility concerns.

So, when the LED bulb died on my Spyder, I presumed the headlight gods were screwing with me once again. So I figure, with a pair of headlights and a pair of foglights, plus the two additional marker lights in the headlight pods, plus the fender tip lights, plus the TricLED lights on the fenders and saddlebags, I'm likely visible enough. I am not going to get in the habit of replacing bulbs every season, especially given how much Tupperware you have to remove and replace each time (for the BMW, I just had to reach down inside the fairing). Ain't worth the bother.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    I installed some LED headlights on my bike. Within two months the right-hand one died. I put the original bulbs back in and called it even. I didn't bother asking the supplier for a replacement.

I did this based on my experience with aftermarket bulbs in my BMW RT. I tried a number of brighter, cleaner, magical bulbs, including an early LED type, none of which lasted a full riding season. After a few years of experimenting, I simply reinstalled the original bulb and called it good. I wasn't desparate enough for additional lighting to go the HID route. I eventually installed a pair of Moto-Lights on the front forks, which addressed my visibility concerns.

So, when the LED bulb died on my Spyder, I presumed the headlight gods were screwing with me once again. So I figure, with a pair of headlights and a pair of foglights, plus the two additional marker lights in the headlight pods, plus the fender tip lights, plus the TricLED lights on the fenders and saddlebags, I'm likely visible enough. I am not going to get in the habit of replacing bulbs every season, especially given how much Tupperware you have to remove and replace each time (for the BMW, I just had to reach down inside the fairing). Ain't worth the bother.
    Which LED bulb burned out that you're not going to replace?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Question LED failures

I'm sure there are owners who have had LED headlights in their Spyders for many years with no failures and it just seems that a LED system should last much longer than an incandescent bulb. No filament, no glass, no fancy gasses, less heat. I thought LEDs were tougher. Just seems like so many failures in the strips, pods, and headlights. I really hope the LED headlights I put in my Dodge Magnum don't fail------ that was a real job.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 06-14-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: speeling

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New 360* LEDs installed

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I also will let you all know when I get the new bulbs.

Lew L
    Well----- install is straightforward. Everything fits in the headlight cap. AND-------------------- OH BOY----are they bright.

I tested them before installing and lit up the whole workbench area. When installed they are brighter with a wider lighted area. Can't wait to try them at night.

Superior service from TricLED and Cindy. Thank you very much.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 06-14-2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: color added

Spyder Garage

As I said, the right-side headlight. I didn't muck with the fog lights; too much bother taking the frunk apart.

If you're asking about the brand, I prefer not to say. Don't want to start a pi$$ing contest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As I said, the right-side headlight. I didn't muck with the fog lights; too much bother taking the frunk apart.

If you're asking about the brand, I prefer not to say. Don't want to start a pi$$ing contest.
    No don't care about the brand. I just wanted to verify you're going to leave a headlight bulb burned out.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default What Kind Of bulbs

Does the spyder come with? We have a 2103 RTL and I really cant complain about the visibility with the OEM set up if that is what I have. Thanks guys

Dave

Spyder Garage

Re-read my post. I put both the original bulbs back in the headlights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Re-read my post. I put both the original bulbs back in the headlights.
    Well, that's kinda what I thought until I saw you say you weren't going to replace the burned out one...it's all good, thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lew,
    Glad to hear that you're diggin' the new bulbs!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black