Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default "Restrooms are for customers only"

I went to get my bike serviced this weekend. When I do, I often wait at a nearby pub that attracts many riders. I noticed a difference when I walked up to the door, there was a new sign prominently stating "Restrooms are for customer only". Now, I wonder what prompted them to post that I walked in and it was unusually crowded. There was one table for four and the bar available. I like my privacy so I wanted to sit at the table. The waitress approached and said, "You can't sit there, it's meant for four". Well naturally I complied. I did not like it, but my stern German mother ingrained in me a strong sense of politeness. So I sat at the bar. I mean, yes I am a customer, but I am also a guest at their establishment, so I should act appropriately.

What I was impressed by is how they handle customers. They don't just let people walk all over them. As soon as someone walks in for service, they take control of the situation. Pubs have been in business for hundreds of years and learned they must keep order. Without order, people won't come. This is common sense. But lately, common sense has been well...uncommon. If some feral turd (or two of them) gets unruly, there are businesses that bend over for them and take it up the wazoo. And then what happens? Your business gets overrun with feral turds and legitimate customers go were they can feel safe.

If I was advising a company, I would tell them if they are in the right, stand your ground. Give in once, and you become a cash cow for opportunists. The fake "Outrage" will die down. The pitch forks and torches will disappear. Just ride it out. The 'Outrage Police' is made up of mindless Brownshirts, so they have a short attention span. Perhaps people who get law degrees now are doing a brain dump these days, because they are certainly giving companies bad advice,
    Last edited by Rogue Hawk; 06-04-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

And SCOTUS just ruled in favor of a businesses right to refuse their services.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    If I was advising a company, I would tell them if they are in the right, stand your ground. Give in once, and you become a cash cow for opportunists. The fake "Outrage" will die down. The pitch forks and torches will disappear. Just ride it out. The 'Outrage Police' is made up of mindless Brownshirts, so they have a short attention span. Perhaps people who get law degrees now are doing a brain dump these days, because they are certainly giving companies bad advice,
    And, what are your qualifications for making such broad, unsubstantiated statements?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The customer may "always be right". But if someone just walks in to use the Bathroom: They're NOT a customer!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default This post

..... I am in favor of Civil rights, however a very large Cabal in this country who used to insist on Civil rights.... are now only in favor of Civil rights of those who vote with the Cabal ..... everyone else can just **** *** ** *** well you know what I mean .... I believe St*r buck* is going to take a hit on their bottom line in the near future ...... jmho ....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    And SCOTUS just ruled in favor of a businesses right to refuse their services.
    'Businesses" should be singular. SCOTUS specifically did NOT rule on a business-wide right of a business to refuse customers based upon religious or personal issues. They ruled only on one case - that of the CO baker who refused to create a cake for a gay wedding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...d-make-n872946

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..... I am in favor of Civil rights, however a very large Cabal in this country who used to insist on Civil rights.... are know only in favor of Civil rights for vote with the Cabal ... everyone else can just **** *** ** *** well you know what I mean .... I believe St*r buck* is going to take a hit on their bottom line in the near future ...... jmho ....... Mike
    I like you Mike, you know that. But, I wish you wouldn't engage in this kind of broad-brush denigration of and diatribe against your fellow Americans.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    And, what are your qualifications for making such broad, unsubstantiated statements?
    I don't have the knowledge to analyze if they are in the right, so it is somewhat hypothetical. But if I could, and if the company is in the right, this would be advisable. It's like I am not a professional umpire, but their are times even a layman can tell if it's a ball or a strike.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    'Businesses" should be singular. SCOTUS specifically did NOT rule on a business-wide right of a business to refuse customers based upon religious or personal issues. They ruled only on one case - that of the CO baker who refused to create a cake for a gay wedding.

Ok.
    calm down, at least the state ruling was knocked down.
    Last edited by vided; 06-04-2018 at 01:01 PM.

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't have the knowledge to analyze if they are in the right, so it is somewhat hypothetical. But if I could, and if the company is in the right, this would be advisable. It's like I am not a professional umpire, but their are times even a layman can tell if it's a ball or a strike.
    Until the last paragraph, I thought you were setting out to have a reasonable discussion about the rights and responsibilities of business owners to control what happens in their establishment. But, the last paragraph showed your true intent was to denigrate professionals who don't interpret the law the way you think it should be enforced and interpreted.

Just another right-wing rant. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-04-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post

I think he was trying to come up with the possessive form of the singular noun.

See how confusing communication can become when folks don't know or respect English grammar, spelling and punctuation?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I think he was trying to come up with the possessive form of the singular noun.

See how confusing communication can become when folks don't know or respect English grammar, spelling and punctuation?

KMLWA

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    KMLWA
    Well, I guess I should at least thank you for not attempting another assault on the English language.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Careful...this thread could go down the toilet.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Careful...this thread could go down the toilet.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I went to get my bike serviced this weekend. When I do, I often wait at a nearby pub that attracts many riders. I noticed a difference when I walked up to the door, there was a new sign prominently stating "Restrooms are for customer only". Now, I wonder what prompted them to post that I walked in and it was unusually crowded. There was one table for four and the bar available. I like my privacy so I wanted to sit at the table. The waitress approached and said, "You can't sit there, it's meant for four". Well naturally I complied. I did not like it, but my stern German mother ingrained in me a strong sense of politeness. So I sat at the bar. I mean, yes I am a customer, but I am also a guest at their establishment, so I should act appropriately.

What I was impressed by is how they handle customers. They don't just let people walk all over them. As soon as someone walks in for service, they take control of the situation. Pubs have been in business for hundreds of years and learned they must keep order. Without order, people won't come. This is common sense. But lately, common sense has been well...uncommon. If some feral turd (or two of them) gets unruly, there are businesses that bend over for them and take it up the wazoo. And then what happens? Your business gets overrun with feral turds and legitimate customers go were they can feel safe.

I agreed with everything you wrote until I got to the last sentence. No, I'm not going to defend lawyers even though I am one myself. I know there are plenty of lazy, dumb ones. However, I am going to share my experience and that is, people will take the word of their aunt's mechanic's sister "legal advice" before they will listen to their lawyer. They "hear" something and instantly it becomes a "requirement" caused by the lawyers, and most of the time no lawyer ever went through it. I have had clients in my office arguing with me about some finer point of law and I'll pull out the statute and show them in black-and-white and they'll still argue with me. I marvel at this kind of thing I see every day, all these forms that are obviously churned out of some internet program, all these so-called "requirements" that are not actually required by law and are probably unenforceable anyway. Now maybe there are indeed a few dumb lawyers who recommended them. Like I said, I'm not defending lawyers. Still, when I look at the number of forms and BS "requirements" you see every day and multiply that times the number of billable hours if some lawyer actually had reviewed and recommended that and multiply times the lawyer's typical hourly rate ... well, I just don't believe it. If I thought that was true, I myself would be spending my time writing BS forms for people and giving BS legal advice and spending my spare time flying my Learjet to my private estate in Hawaii.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, I guess I should at least thank you for not attempting another assault on the English language.

You can always depend on the lefties to correct grammar and spelling when they got
    nothing else.

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you lack a coherent and accurate point that you should be making: just attack the other fella...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default views and opinions

I like you Mike, you know that. But, I wish you wouldn't engage in this kind of broad-brush denigration of and diatribe against your fellow Americans.
    I like you to Pete, but not your Politics ......However I don't feel the need to denigrate you for them ..... and if you re-read my post on this ....I didn't Denigrate anyone .... and my post was way to short to be considered a " Diatribe " .....and from what I've learned the Ultra lefties in DOJ & FBI are going to need some realllllllllllly good attorney's ............Mike

Spyder Garage

Until the last paragraph, I thought you were setting out to have a reasonable discussion about the rights and responsibilities of business owners to control what happens in their establishment. But, the last paragraph showed your true intent was to denigrate professionals who don't interpret the law the way you think it should be enforced and interpreted.

Just another right-wing rant. Nothing to see here.
    You make a good point, I was too general questioning the judgement of professionals. But you are making a stretch assuming my post is bias.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You make a good point, I was too general questioning the judgement of professionals. But you are making a stretch assuming my post is bias.
    We can agree on that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I think it was rude and selfish for one person to sit at a table for 4.
    Especially since the place was "unusually crowded".

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe you could explain where you come up with this bit of nonsense; The 'Outrage Police' is made up of mindless Brownshirts, Who are you accusing of being the 'outrage police'?

Then, we can talk about your broad, vague and unhelpful accusation that lawyers are certainly giving companies bad advice. ​Which companies? Which lawyers? What advice?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi RinconRyder,

Re: that of the CO baker who refused to create a cake for a gay wedding.

I have not read the actual SCOTUS ruling. I only read about it.

As I understand it, they did not rule on his creating & selling a cake for a gay wedding. They ruled that, because of religious reasons, he did not have to decorate it as the gay couple wanted.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I know, I know; those pesky facts.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi RinconRyder,

Re: that of the CO baker who refused to create a cake for a gay wedding.

I have not read the actual SCOTUS ruling. I only read about it.

As I understand it, they did not rule on his creating & selling a cake for a gay wedding. They ruled that, because of religious reasons, he did not have to decorate it as the gay couple wanted.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I know, I know; those pesky facts.
    You are correct. The point I was trying to make was that this SCOTUS ruling applied solely to this one business only and was not intended to create a market-wide standard.