Thread: Some GOOD News!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They never stopped building them actually. I saw a show just the other day about it. They continue to make them for countries in asia and middle east.

Honda Super Cub in the Honda Collection Hall in Japan
    Also called Cub, C100, C102, C65, CM90, CM91, C110, C50, C70, C90, Passport, EX5, Dream 100, EX5 Dream, C100EX, Super Cub 50, Super Cub 110
    Production 1958-present
    Assembly 15 countries worldwide
    Class Underbone
    Engine Horizontal 49–124 cc (3.0–7.6 cu in) 4-stroke air-cooled single
    Transmission 3 or 4 speed, semi-automatic with wet multi-plate centrifugal clutch
    Frame type Step through pressed steelmonocoque underbone
    Suspension Front: Leading link (early), telescopic fork (late)
    Rear: Swingarm
    Brakes Front: drum
    rear: drum
    Weight 55–90 kg (121–198 lb)[1] (dry)
    The Honda Super Cub is a Honda underbone motorcycle with a four stroke single cylinder engine ranging in displacement from 49 to 124 cc (3.0 to 7.6 cu in).
    In continuous manufacture since 1958 with production surpassing 60 million in 2008, 87 million in 2014, and 100 million in 2017,[2] the Super Cub is the most produced motor vehicle* in history.[3] Variants include the C100, C50, C70, C90, C100EX and C70 Passport.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 06-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But they're bringing them back here...

Spyder Garage

There were/are MORE Honda Super Cubs manufactured that ANY other vehicle in the world. Glad to see Honda bring them back to our market. They were great vehicles for students and others just looking for inexpensive local transportation. And.....over 100MPG
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I own a 1962 c100. The fairing has gone missing. Hasn't run for many years, but I bet that with a fresh battery, an oil change, and some fresh gasoline, It'd start on the 3rd kick.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go fire it up, and take a lap or three around the yard!

Spyder Garage

Default It is good news....

They were the biggest sellers back home. I used to stock cylinders piston rings and gasket sets for a quick top end job. Could have one in and out in 30 mins. They will run forever...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Second bike I owned after a Cushman Eagle, which actually should have been called a Cushman Dog.

Cushman Eagle.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Very interesting. May get a lot of people riding for the first time.

I seized the piston on my Yamaha 80 so am going to stay away from those "little" guys.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Second bike I owned after a Cushman Eagle, which actually should have been called a Cushman Dog.

Cushman Eagle.jpg
    I had one very similar, a 1955. It had a down low exhaust which I changed to the one yours had. Mine didn't have the enclosed front fork. I see yours had a front shock suspension. Mine had trailing spring linkages. 40 - 45 mph tops! The 50cc Honda Cub killed Cushman motor scooters. A couple of my buddies who were brothers, had them. Probably some of the very first ones sold in Idaho. That was back about 1960. They could run circles around me every which way.

This one looks almost exactly like the one I had, even the color!

54Eagle.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    They were the biggest sellers back home. I used to stock cylinders piston rings and gasket sets for a quick top end job. Could have one in and out in 30 mins. They will run forever...
    My buddy told me years ago the crankshaft was pressed together pieces and the connecting rod was a solid circle around the crank. You couldn't replace the piston, just the entire piston/crank assembly.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A video I found about it, and another new model for 2019...