Spyder Garage

Default New F3 S in the Driveway!

Picked up my 2018 Oxford Blue F3 S yesterday. The sharper eyed amongst you witll notice that's NOT it in my sig . Initial impressions:

Great: 6th gear (could never figure out why BRP saddled earlier 998 v twins with only 5)
    Bottom end and mid range power/torque
    Cruise control---nice!
    Larger, more powerful brakes

MEH!: Silver & black body colored parts (the monochrome touring models look better)

Suck!: Trunk--WTBleep happened? This is a tiny piece of stuff??!! Can't even get my helmet in it!
    Rear shock What a substandard, non adjustable, piece of stuff; barely adequate for just me (185lbs). No excuse for a cheapo piece of kit like this on a vehicle in this price range. Shame! Shame! Shame! BRP!
    Everything to do with the oil/filter check/change procedure! JEEzuz, BRP!!

First Farkle: Pair of deer alerts. Hey! Between my and two adjacent counties; there were 1000+ vehicle/deer crashes last year--if only they worked on dip messing with their phones!
    Last edited by Flanker; 06-08-2018 at 08:42 AM.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

When you place your helmet in the trunk, put the bottom of the helmet to the back of the trunk and the back of the helmet down it should fit just fine. I put my Scorpion modular helmet in mine without a problem. You're right about the rear shock.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unless you have a helmet, and therefore a melon 🍉 the size of a melon, a full face helmet will fit in the frunk, but only one way! I'll let you figure that out!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new "S". Love the power band also. Had to replace the rear shock, too. I'm a bit North of your weight, so mine was really bad!

19/K with not one issue.

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Picture to follow I hope.... Looks like your warming up to the new ryde. Those that have them will help but those issues you mentioned have been the only ones and thats not too bad...enjoy the new ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Everything to do with the oil/filter check/change procedure!
    Actually if you do your own oil changes you will find it much easier than on your RS.

Congrats and enjoy the new Spyder.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Default 50K

I bot my 2015 F3-S in 2015, Feb., I will cross over the 50,000 miles of smiles on my way to DEADWOOD next month.... other than the FRONT SPROCKET going south on me, i've really had NO ISSUES with mine... however, @ 250#, i did go for the 2UP SHOCK... HUGE differences, all for the better....
    enjoy your new toy, ride safely & send pix....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Picked up my 2018 Oxford Blue F3 S yesterday. The sharper eyed amongst you witll notice that's NOT it in my sig . Initial impressions:

Great: 6th gear (could never figure out why BRP saddled earlier 998 v twins with only 5)
    Cruise control---nice!

MEH!: Silver & black body colored parts (the monochrome touring models look better)

Suck!: Trunk--WTBleep happened? This is a tiny piece of stuff??!! Can't even get my helmet in it!
    Rear shock What a substandard, non adjustable, piece of stuff; barely adequate for just me (185lbs). No excuse for a cheapo piece of kit like this on a vehicle in this price range. Shame! Shame! Shame! BRP!

First Farkle: Pair of deer alerts. Hey! Between my and two adjacent counties; there were 1000+ vehicle/deer crashes last year--if only they worked on dip messing with their phones!
    I HAVE same color r f3s you are right about the shock
    .needs a adjustable one otherwise a fun ride my full face fits in trunk .tight fit have a good one
    Last edited by Rondaa; 06-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Glad you got it

Picked up my 2018 Oxford Blue F3 S yesterday.

Yes, I also noticed that the frunk doesn't have a lot of space. Wasn't sure I was going to fit my wife's helmet in there at first, but all those hours playing tetris finally came in useful!
    2017 F3 , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats,

enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Why did you buy it if you hate it that much?
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Cruise control---nice!

Wraps work wonders. On my agenda for this summer. >CLICK ME<

Does this not apply for your model?
    Image1.jpg

There is much evidence that deer alerts are mythical beasts. Too, if you startle a deer, it is just as likely it will dart in front of you.
    >CLICK ME<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

A big on your new F3.

I love the looks but the ergos have never worked for me. The new trunk is a real looker--but--a bit smaller.

My only complaint about F3 is that they have managed to give less for more--in cargo size.

It's all about different strokes for different folks. All the people that have graduated from RT to F3 can't be wrong.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Okay let's see some pictures of your new F3 S!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

Thank to all!

Got my SS grill in yesterday, put the bobber R fender on (after some "removing the seat hijinks--I spent 5 minutes blipping the key and trying to lift the leading edge of the front seat up like on my RSS it didn't work in case you were wondering!), and my shiny new "windshield". Calling it a wind shield is like calling a string bikini a swim suit!

Discovered how to remove the silver body pieces from the side panels; will keep that in mind for a future color re-shoot of those parts--still trying to decide between black, charcoal (like the frame color), or trying to match the Oxford Blue. Handle bar next, and foot pegs later.

Speaking of which; do any of you know whether the shift lever and brake pedal are adjustable; height/angle--mounted on a splined shaft hopefully? I'm moving the pegs all the way back to the #1 position--they shift lever and brake pedal will need to be rotated forward to where they're almost parallel to the ground. TY!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Speaking of which; do any of you know whether the shift lever and brake pedal are adjustable; height/angle--mounted on a splined shaft hopefully? I'm moving the pegs all the way back to the #1 position--they shift lever and brake pedal will need to be rotated forward to where they're almost parallel to the ground. TY!
    You need new rod linkages to move the footpegs. Here's a good price for a brake/shifter rod pack pos #1 on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-AM-Spyd...0AAOSwbgpapF4Q
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 06-09-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

If you already knew the above then no, they aren't adjustable using the BRP stuff. Roadster renovations make an adjustable brake rod kit that does let you adjust the angle. Not sure if there anything similar for the shifter.

Edit - link:

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/for-the-f3

Looks like you could use it on the shifter side too?
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 06-09-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

​Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    If you already knew the above then no, they aren't adjustable using the BRP stuff. Roadster renovations make an adjustable brake rod kit that does let you adjust the angle. Not sure if there anything similar for the shifter.

Edit - link:

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/for-the-f3

Looks like you could use it on the shifter side too?
    Yea, I've already got a position one (former sport biker) linkage kit; which addresses the "foot forward" stock peg/pedal location, but "will not" address the pedal placement in relation to the foot pegs (they're too darn high/far back, and will be worse in position one--I have to lift my foot off the peg to use either of them).

Spotted the RR adjustable linkage kit on the SL Home Page after I posted.

I've never owned a bike (trike in this case) that didn't have both the shifter and brake levers mounted on splined shafts; which are a snap to reposition to suit your physiology/riding position. Man! I can't get over how huge the pegs and levers are. who'd they thimk was riding these things? Herman Munster?! Another set of details BRP decided to run with "unique" on; rather than common sense.

The 5 position adjustment thing is great idea--gotta give 'em credit for that---but execution could have been much better. I'm toying with the idea of finding a local metal shop/fabricator/welder to cut up the stock pedals, do some fabbing and welding to come up with different shape/contour/size pedals at this point.

Thanks for the reply and link though!

Spyder Garage

Got the bars and position #1 rods installed today. Bars . Pedal position in relation to the new peg position ! Awkward is my new word. Jeez! Aaahhh!!! What's one more project?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think after a few miles you will find that you will adjust pretty well to the brake position!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I did one test ride on an F3T and found out the brake pedal position is not for me. I like everything else mostly, but I kept my RT .
    Not bashing the F3 at all its just not for me.

Have fun with the F3.

Got the bars and position #1 rods installed today. Bars . Pedal position in relation to the new peg position ! Awkward is my new word. Jeez! Aaahhh!!! What's one more project?
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

All is not lost. Sat outside today, mentally re-engineering [or perhaps butchering would be a better term ] the shift and brake levers. A couple three judicious cuts on both, ditch the excess, weld up the remaining bits and both are relocated inboard (towards the Spyder; so they don't stick out so far) and are rotated forward so the shift and brake pedals are on the same plain as my big toe. Bit of rattle can magic to get'em looking like new, and voila! Now I've got to find a welder.....................

Anyone know if those rascals [the shift and brake pedals, not the welders ] are aluminum or steel?

Located two potential (have to call them and see if they're still in business) powder coating shops in my area today. I'm thinking my new TBR stainless slip on muffler and cat delete pipe would look real good in high temp black, or maybe charcoal/gun metal (like the frame).

Took the "splash shields" off the foot peg rails to stream line the look a bit more.

PS: Haven't broken anything.......................................yet .