Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Coast to Coast or Cannonball seat for my 2017 F3 ltd

Don't want spend $800 for something that might not be comfortable. Will spend up to $500. I have heard numerous opinions on those seats. Don't want after market seat as I bought the factory back rest. I also have a Tall and Wide F4 windshield with vent for sale that came off my 2014 RT and OEM seat in very good condition. $200 OBO for the windshield and $100 for the seat. The windshield has small scatch outside of viewing area. Looking for pickup in S Wisconsin

Spyder Garage

Bucketman, I tried both the Coast to Coast and Cannonball on my 16 F3-L, and neither were much different to stock. I got maybe an extra 5 minutes of comfort over stock. However, we are all different, and what doesn’t work for one, may well work for another.

It’s a shame Russell Day Long is outside your price range. They are the only “guaranteed” solution. (and you can use your stock backrest with them, as long as you let them know at build time.)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Seat

I replaced my stock F3L seat with a Coast to Coast and noticed no difference. Save your money and buy an RDL.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You can yse your BRP backrest with a RDL seat. That’s what I did.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Bucketman, I tried both the Coast to Coast and Cannonball on my 16 F3-L, and neither were much different to stock. I got maybe an extra 5 minutes of comfort over stock. However, we are all different, and what doesn’t work for one, may well work for another.

It’s a shame Russell Day Long is outside your price range. They are the only “guaranteed” solution. (and you can use your stock backrest with them, as long as you let them know at build time.)

Pete
    I did not know that I could incorporate my backrest with a Russell DL....I can only ride about one hour and my ass is killing me. I will check with RDL as I don't think they will be out my price range. I was hoping to pick up a CanAm seat at s decent price in case it wouldn't work.

Spyder Garage

Default Cannonball seat

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketman View Post
    Don't want spend $800 for something that might not be comfortable. Will spend up to $500. I have heard numerous opinions on those seats. Don't want after market seat as I bought the factory back rest. I also have a Tall and Wide F4 windshield with vent for sale that came off my 2014 RT and OEM seat in very good condition. $200 OBO for the windshield and $100 for the seat. The windshield has small scatch outside of viewing area. Looking for pickup in S Wisconsin
    I have a almost new cannonball seat for sale for a 2016 f3t, I will take 450.00 and you pay for shipping

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfour View Post
    I have a almost new cannonball seat for sale for a 2016 f3t, I will take 450.00 and you pay for shipping
    May I ask why your selling? With the replies on the forum, It sounds like it is not much better than a stock seat. How did you like it?

Spyder Garage

Default F4 tall and wide and 2014 RTL seat

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketman View Post
    No interest in my Tall and wide F4 windshield or 2014 RTL seat????