Thread: Zumo

Spyder Garage

Default Zumo

Hi all, new to this forum, new to spyders. Just got a 2018 f3 ltd. The PO had mounted a zumo mount on the bike. How do i remove it? Do all the cables go to the same location or go in different directions?
    I've only had this machine a couple of weeks so not very familiar with it yet.

Thanks,

Walt and the Asphalt Eagle.

Spyder Garage

I just installed one on my wife F3S. There is a hot wire and a ground wire that can be connected to the accessory wires already on the bike. I suspect they used the connections either at the battery or (as your sitting on the bike) under the left top cover (that is where I connected my wifes Zumo). the other wires on the Zumo are plug and play (speakers etc) they usually do not require splicing. Once you find one of the wires you can trace the rest very easily.

Give me a holler, we should be able to figure this out very easily without having to pay a shop to do it

John

Spyder Garage

Why do you want to remove it, may I ask? All the wires go to the same location. Just under the left side cover.
    Last edited by AY4B; 06-06-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Want to remove the mount as i do not have a zumo 595 and would never spend that kind of money for one. PO had installed it. But the zumo did not come with bike.
    Also, its mounted between handle bars and blocks my view of the lower third of dash.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Under the left cover below the seat (take it loose and you can hold it open) there is a dedicated GPS plug. It gets power with the key and stays on for about 20 seconds after they key is turned off. That is probably where the power is. You can just hide the wires by pulling the top/side covers and pull the wires down out of the way. Best to do if you put one on in the future.

Here's mine: >CLICK ME<

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey