Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

On mine, the previous owner put on the ones Doc sales. I didn't like them because I couldn't see out of them. When I went to take them off I discovered that they are ADJUSTABLE! Wow, you discover wonders when you actually look closely at something! Anyway, now I like them. They are mounted on the lower outside of the mirror, not on like the pic on Doc's site. Just make sure that if you get them and mount them on the mirror to give enough room so they don't interfere with adjusting the mirror. I need to move one of them for this reason.

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/misc-items
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had one on my 2009 GS. I believe it saved me a few times. My RT has better mirrors and don't see a need for it now.

Spyder Garage

Default I bought mine from TricLED

I bought both the mirror and dash mount from TricLED so I could take advantage of RAM Mounts.

I don't use it as a rearview mirror at all because that just doesn't work, but I've found that I don't have any blind spots now. No one's sneaking up on me!

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    The TricLED Wide-Vu mirrors helped me see what was behind me really good. That is until it falls off after about four months, so I went back to stock.

Have to guess that the install may not have been what it should be, as I have had mine on since September with no issues. Very important that the surface be really cleaned thoroughly before application?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Have to guess that the install may not have been what it should be, as I have had mine on since September with no issues. Very important that the surface be really cleaned thoroughly before application?
    But...now that I take a closer look at the photo, I see the adhesive is still stuck to the mirror!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Another vote for Wide Vue mirrors from TricLED

+ 15 or whatever on the Wide Vue mirrors from TricLED. I was lucky enough to have TricLED install mine even when I was at Spyderfest '17. They've had well over 12,000 miles and some very rough gravel roads worth of travelling. I pressure wash the spyder occasionally and it's sat through winter storage, and recently three days of over 100 degree riding on the back roads of SW Minnesota.

PS. The view beside and behind is fantastic.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    But...now that I take a closer look at the photo, I see the adhesive is still stuck to the mirror!
    Yes, they were a real pain to get off too.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Mine too!

I bought the Wide Vu mirrors last fall, and although I love the view they provide, I had problems with both mirrors falling off of my F3. The back of the plastic is a thin waffle design (as you’ve seen from Blue Star’s pics) which has absolutely no surface area for the double-sided tape to stick to and grab. I tried putting extra 3M tape over this waffle to help it stick. The right-side mirror seems to be holding now. But the left-side seems to be ill-fitting, like it’s a hair too small to fit over the stock mirror and gets pushed off. This week it popped off for the ump-teenth time so figuring I had nothing to lose, I separated the Wide Vu mirror glass from its plastic base, which is held on by more 3M tape. I used Goof Off to remove the residue and cleaned it really well. Then I placed some strips of new 3M tape to the back center of the glass because ... it bows slightly away from the stock mirror in the middle.

So far this is working REALLY well, and looks stock. If the right side gets loose, I’m going to do the same thing, but for now: ain’t broke, don’t fix.

A word of caution about doing this: I was working with the cleaned mirror in the bright mid-afternoon sun, and suddenly felt a really hot spot on my arm. The back of this mirror can concentrate the reflected sun to a small point and burn you, or something else. Otherwise, a good fix for this poor design.
    Last edited by dsvogel; 06-08-2018 at 03:16 PM.

2016 F3 Limited - Triple Black Atlanta

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dsvogel View Post
    I bought the Wide Vu mirrors last fall, and although I love the view they provide, I had problems with both mirrors falling off of my F3. The back of the plastic is a thin waffle design (as you’ve seen from Blue Star’s pics) which has absolutely no surface area for the double-sided tape to stick to and grab. I tried putting extra 3M tape over this waffle to help it stick. The right-side mirror seems to be holding now. But the left-side seems to be ill-fitting, like it’s a hair too small to fit over the stock mirror and gets pushed off. This week it popped off for the ump-teenth time so figuring I had nothing to lose, I separated the Wide Vu mirror glass from its plastic base, which is held on by more 3M tape. I used Goof Off to remove the residue and cleaned it really well. Then I placed some strips of new 3M tape to the back center of the glass because ... it bows slightly away from the stock mirror in the middle.

So far this is working REALLY well, and looks stock. If the right side gets loose, I’m going to do the same thing, but for now: ain’t broke, don’t fix.

A word of caution about doing this: I was working with the cleaned mirror in the bright mid-afternoon sun, and suddenly felt a really hot spot on my arm. The back of this mirror can concentrate the reflected sun to a small point and burn you, or something else. Otherwise, a good fix for this poor design.
    Thank you for this information, as I was wondering if it could be done. I think I will be looking into doing this.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Check this one out

https://youtu.be/h1ZX8kBXi6k

Now in stock $24.00 for (2) one for each side

Ride Safe
    Dave
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 06-09-2018 at 01:00 AM.