Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Riderscan Blind Spot Mirror

www.huntercreate.com

https://www.amazon.com/Riderscan-Bli...ews/B00MGXQL3E

Has anyone tried/used/installed one of these? Ram mountable? are they any good? subjective I know, just looking for input.

Spyder Garage

Default Riderscan Blind Spot Mirror

That's a bit pricy as I bought mine off Ebay for $40 plus $13 in shipping from the UK. I removed my center camera to install with Ram ball. It seems to work really great while sitting on bike in my garage. ( Raining today) I will get a pic posted later today. I think I will like this a lot as I don't have head movement like an Owl does.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe some of the sponsers on the site have these too.

One is TRICLED.

Spyder Garage

I have one and found it useless. All I see is myself in the mirror. Could not find an adjustment that would work.

Spyder Garage

I just bought the Tricled Wide-Vu mirrors. Based on reviews here they're supposed to be fantastic. Should be getting them tomorrow.

Richard

2018 RT Limited
    Can-Am Driver Backrest
    Tricled Wide-Vu mirrors
    Spyderpops grips
    FOBO TPMS
    Lamonster Spyder Cuff
    Ram mount w/ X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Default Little round mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Uticat View Post
    www.huntercreate.com

Has anyone tried/used/installed one of these? Ram mountable? are they any good? subjective I know, just looking for input.
    I like just the round "self stick" mirrors you can buy almost anywhere. They come in various sizes. The ones I like are small enough not to take away from your stock mirrors, and "adjustable" so you can see farther to the sides or closer, depending on what you like. Just MHO.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRubin View Post
    I just bought the Tricled Wide-Vu mirrors. Based on reviews here they're supposed to be fantastic. Should be getting them tomorrow.

Richard
    And I have them already and they really work great. I can trace a car on either side of me in the mirror all the way to the point where I can see them in the corner of my eye! Great product.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Richard
    +3 I put these on my wife F3 and she said it made a world of difference. Awesome product.

Spyder Garage

x 4 Have the TriCleds on both 's

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default i just ordered a pair too

hope they are a big help--expanding the sight zone is a plus

Richard

Spyder Garage

I had blind spot mirrors for a while too on my stock mirrors (the adhesive kind for $3 a pair. They worked very well. Then we picked up a set of the wide view mirrors from TRicLed at Spyderfest. LOVE EM......wouldn't go back to stock. A pair cost $80 installed. The install is simply sticking them to the stock mirrors. Pricey for a couple pieces of glass, but they are nice
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use these. I like them because they are real glass and not plastic makes the view much clearer.

http://electricalconnection.com/inde...r-micro-glass/

Another site sponser

Spyder Garage

Default Riderscan blind spot mirror

I installed one of these nearly a year ago because I found drivers were drifting in to look at the Can Am and sometimes getting to close to fast even to keep up with in heavy traffic, I like it but mounted it to the top of the dash with the sticky feet not to the wind shield.
    Loving the RYDE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Richard
    The TricLED Wide-Vu mirrors helped me see what was behind me really good. That is until it falls off after about four months, so I went back to stock.

Back of mirror .jpgOEM mirror.jpg
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

+1 on the Wide-Vu's...

I don't think I'd like the "picture-in-picture" view of the corner stick-on types...
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    The TricLED Wide-Vu mirrors helped me see what was behind me really good. That is until it falls off after about four months, so I went back to stock.

Back of mirror .jpgOEM mirror.jpg
    When mine started to come loose, I cut a few squares of 3M tape and filled in some of the recessed openings on the back of the mirror. This brought up more contact surface area and they haven't moved yet. There is very little surface area with just the raised ridges alone.
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Riderscan

Quote Originally Posted by Uticat View Post
    www.huntercreate.com

I have one on my NC700X, bought it about 2 years ago. Mounted It on my Vstream windshield.It looked great on you tube but in actual use it didn't do much. Waste of money.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    When mine started to come loose, I cut a few squares of 3M tape and filled in some of the recessed openings on the back of the mirror. This brought up more contact surface area and they haven't moved yet. There is very little surface area with just the raised ridges alone.

The pictures I posted were actually the replacement set that I was sent when the first set fell off. Problem was when the second set fell off while stored at my brothers house (when I moved from CA to MO) he did not know what it was, and dragged it out with his foot scratching one up. I have the original set in a box somewhere in the garage, and was thinking of filling in the squares, and replacing the 3M tape too. To be honest for the price we should not have to correct their design flaw's, but I guess it is what it is.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

The pictures I posted were actually the replacement set that I was sent when the first set fell off. Problem was when the second set fell off while stored at my brothers house (when I moved from CA to MO) he did not know what it was, and dragged it out with his foot scratching one up. I have the original set in a box somewhere in the garage, and was thinking of filling in the squares, and replacing the 3M tape too. To be honest for the price we should not have to correct their design flaw's, but I guess it is what it is.
    They also are flat on the back and the stock mirror is curved and they don't sit flush. I cut 2" of 3m tape from center and put on inbd side to make it sit better on stock mirror. Be sure to stick the otbd sides first otherwise you will run out of mirror adjustment. I'm actually starting to like them better now. And after trying my Riderscan on a ride today I honestly have to say the Tricleds do the same thing. So I might just be selling my Riderscan.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan12 View Post
    They also are flat on the back and the stock mirror is curved and they don't sit flush. I cut 2" of 3m tape from center and put on inbd side to make it sit better on stock mirror. Be sure to stick the otbd sides first otherwise you will run out of mirror adjustment. I'm actually starting to like them better now. And after trying my Riderscan on a ride today I honestly have to say the Tricleds do the same thing. So I might just be selling my Riderscan.
    Thank you for the suggestion, as I did plan to fill in the squares to put them back on. I really do like them, especially when pulling my trailer. Just so I am clear "otbd" is outbound, or outside from the Spyder. , With "inbd" being inbound, or the inside from the Spyder.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default hi, can u explain your fix a little more?

was double sided tape? and you kinda squeeze it into any gaps that develop? something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post

Spyder Garage

Default hi, question is what squares and what do you mean by "filling in" the squares

i ordered the mirrors from tricled
    and trying to understand the quirks of it

Thank you for the suggestion, as I did plan to fill in the squares to put them back on. I really do like them, especially when pulling my trailer. Just so I am clear "otbd" is outbound, or outside from the Spyder. , With "inbd" being inbound, or the inside from the Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    i ordered the mirrors from tricled
    and trying to understand the quirks of it
    Back of mirror .jpg If you look at this picture you will see the back of the mirror without the 3M tape. You can't tell from the picture, but the squares are about a quarter inch (guessing) deep.

OEM mirror.jpgThe 3M tape attaches to the OEM mirror, and the ridges (or squares) of the Wide-Vu mirror back.

In my opinion the flaw of the design is the back of the Wide-Vu has these squares with empty spaces. The 3M tape is connected to them, and then you attach it to the OEM mirror. The ridges of those said squares are not thick enough to hold the 3M tape to the Wide-Vu mirror. If the squares were solid there would have more than enough contact to hold. I do admit the 3M tape is really hard to remove.

Don't get me wrong, the Wide-Vu mirrors are a great product, but just have to have the flaws fixed.
    Last edited by Blue Star; 06-01-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    x 4 Have the TriCleds on both 's
    Ditto
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    was double sided tape? and you kinda squeeze it into any gaps that develop? something like that?
    Like Blue Star said. Since the only real contact surface on the backside of the mirror is the raised ridges which are barely 1/16 inch wide, if that, the direct contact surface to the tape is very limited. You take some more 3M tape and fill in about 4/5 of the square recesses with square pieces of tape. This increases the surface contact area significantly so there is greater holding power. Mine have not budged a bit since I did that.
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac