Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    Today, I sent in the ECU and airbox lid in to be upgraded to a re-map stage II. I already have the race data for stock and Stage I. now for the next step...
    ......and that’s where I believe the ECU upgrades contain so much value, gunner. They give YOU better measurable times on the drag strip, and ME, crisper, balanced performance when touring. The stage 2 upgrade will certainly be done on any new Spyder I buy.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Today, I sent in the ECU and airbox lid in to be upgraded to a re-map stage II. I already have the race data for stock and Stage I. now for the next step...

Why the air box lid ?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Why the air box lid ?
    …. I'd love to see a Pic of what they did …. The Air box that encloses the filter has a long plastic intake that opens above the radiator air scoop. I removed that plastic intake for others reasons, but when I did I could see how small the air slots were. I'm very old school in my feelings about opening any Air Intake to allow easier breathing ( remember the Shaker hoods on cars )…. I also removed the rubber elbow which left a 3 inch Hole in the Air Box.… I connected a 3 in. metal tube that goes thru the left side panel ( see my albums for a pic ) ….. Better breathing was the goal, and I achieved that, however if the ECU isn't re-mapped not much change can occur because the Oem ECU in it's design will adjust to any breathing improvements you make. Either to the Intake Air or the Exhaust …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    …. I'd love to see a Pic of what they did …. The Air box that encloses the filter has a long plastic intake that opens above the radiator air scoop. I removed that plastic intake for others reasons, but when I did I could see how small the air slots were. I'm very old school in my feelings about opening any Air Intake to allow easier breathing ( remember the Shaker hoods on cars )…. I also removed the rubber elbow which left a 3 inch Hole in the Air Box.… I connected a 3 in. metal tube that goes thru the left side panel ( see my albums for a pic ) ….. Better breathing was the goal, and I achieved that, however if the ECU isn't re-mapped not much change can occur because the Oem ECU in it's design will adjust to any breathing improvements you make. Either to the Intake Air or the Exhaust …… Mike

I removed my whole factory air intake/cleaner years ago. I would assume when I have a remap I would simply tell them that and they can put it in their equation.

Would like to know what they are doing to the factory cover though.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I removed my whole factory air intake/cleaner years ago. I would assume when I have a remap I would simply tell them that and they can put it in their equation.

and would like to see their set-up …...as I said above I just modified the OEM hole left by removing the factory ELBOE …. the 3in connecting pipe I used is cut in half so my FRUNK just slides on and off with no problem...… I did mine back in the winter of 2014 ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I was hoping Dennis would see this and post the pic he sent me of his that he just got back from Monster. Here it is. Nothing to write home about for sure. With the size and placement of the holes I see only hotter engine bay air and questionable flow gains, but time and testing will tell.... Dennis is weather locked at the moment but is contemplating a "trip" to warmer weather to do his testing. 308gunner has received his as well as is testing I believe....
    6491_1547392402134.jpg6492_1547392402451.jpg

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

ECU pulled ( EZ) and boxed, ready for shipment. I'm doing a stage 1 flash with a slight RPM increase and the instant start feature.

Any advice is appriciated.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Instant start?

Do you mean you don’t have to wait for the message?

Spyder Garage

Instant start?

Do you mean you don’t have to wait for the message?
    Turn the key and start the bike. There is still a slight delay before you see the screen but it starts right away.
    BTW, more current Spyders allow you to turn the key and immediately press the ECO button which allows an instant start before the screen powers up. Give it a try to see if you already have this feature? My 2016 F3L allowed me to do that before the flash.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Turn the key and start the bike. There is still a slight delay before you see the screen but it starts right away.
    BTW, more current Spyders allow you to turn the key and immediately press the ECO button which allows an instant start before the screen powers up. Give it a try to see if you already have this feature? My 2016 F3L allowed me to do that before the flash.
    Dennis
    I have a 2013 STS, no eco button.

And the form on their site still shows an error for me, can you guys see the form on your mobile device (iPad) or are you using a PC?

Spyder Garage

Mode button in your case (same button).

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Yes that is correct if I understand what instant start means. I'm calling them tomorrow to let them know the ECU is on its way.
    It's an option on the website where you fill out the list of options.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Yes that is correct if I understand what instant start means. I'm calling them tomorrow to let them know the ECU is on its way.
    It's an option on the website where you fill out the list of options.

Lew L
    You are correct. you can start it without hitting the eco mode button...instant start.

Spyder Garage

does anyone have the flash with the new 2018 F3 Limited Gauge??

if I bring my spyder in for a gauge update with it erase my ecu flash? anyone know anything about this?

thanks

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=_..stiffler..;1414429]does anyone have the flash with the new 2018 F3 Limited Gauge??

if I bring my spyder in for a gauge update with it erase my ecu flash? anyone know anything about this?

thanks

Stiff

it shouldn`t...but... thats a good question...call wick-it performance..to confirm it.

Spyder Garage

ECU RE-MAPP RACING NEWS:
    I have exciting news this thursday I will be Testing/Racing the F-3 Stage II Sport at the 1/8th mile dragstrip....BUT..... here`s the twist ..I will be racing a spyder F-3 sport that ALSO has a stage II remap done to it...a true timed drag race in which BOTH spyders have true performance upgrades..as far as I know, this has not happened before. this is going to be good...Stay Tuned!!!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

ECU RE-MAPP RACING NEWS:
    I have exciting news this thursday I will be Testing/Racing the F-3 Stage II Sport at the 1/8th mile dragstrip....BUT..... here`s the twist ..I will be racing a spyder F-3 sport that ALSO has a stage II remap done to it...a true timed drag race in which BOTH spyders have true performance upgrades..as far as I know, this has not happened before. this is going to be good...Stay Tuned!!!!
    Subscribed to thread...
    Please keep us posted, sir.
    Boris - The Spyder

Monster FI Stage 1, Elka Stage 2 F&R, BajaRon Swaybar, Lamonster Links,
    Akrapovic Straight Shot Silencer, Madstad Windshield, Cannonball Seats, Driver Backrest, Driver Footboards,
    15" Fat 6 Chrome Wheels, LED Headlights, LED Fog Lights, Chrome Handlebars, Chrome Frame Caps, Front Cargo 12v Power Outlet Kit,
    Ram Phone Mount, USB Power (Handlebars), Full-Size Brake Pedal, Lamonster 3rd Peg w/ Kuryakyn Trident Large ISO-Pegs, Cross-Country Detachable Saddlebags
    2015 F3 , Stock I use the Extended Brake Pedal Silver with black stripes and Can-Am Red/Orange accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well.....how was the race????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    Well.....how was the race????
    I pm you

Spyder Garage

Hey folks, do any of these ECU flashes allow traction control to be turned off or at least turned down a bit? I seem to recall that some of the 2017 models had the ability to turn traction control off and you could do donuts etc (Daytona Model perhaps?). I currently have a 2015 F3-S that I would like to flash.

Spyder Garage

Good info here. I take it most of you guys commenting have the 1330 motor?

Like to see more results on the 998.

Spyder Garage

I went drag racing with the stage II with the F-3 with friend who ALSO has a stage II on his so it's an equal race...with video and timeslips..all I can say is...the stage II is no joke..the difference between the stage I and II is that the stage II is the bottom end torque...it rips...power off the line...that in opinion..is where the Spyder was lacking ...the top end was resolved on stage I...the bottom was improved too...but the stage II .. enhances the bottom end torque power...my results are on Spyder lovers on Facebook...just look for it..

Spyder Garage

Any chance those of us who don't do facebook could get to see the results/video/timeslips too?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am still trying to find the post on facebook???

Spyder Garage

Just got my ECU back from Wick-It Performance after the stage 1 flash! Wow what a difference! I have a 2015 RTL, so I don't expect it to be a race machine, but we do a lot of 2 up riding towing an RT-622 trailer, usually in the mountains. Just on my first 20 mile ride after reinstalling the ECU, the difference is immediately apparent. Much smoother power through the complete range, and smoother shifts also. And of course, no more safety screen nag. I need to get some more miles in to really get the feel of what else is different. Also, I did fill up the tank so that I can see what affect if any it has on fuel economy. I've used the A-car app religiously to track fuel fill-ups since this bike was new and it has averaged 40 mpg over 23000 miles.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red