Spyder Garage

Default 2014 ST Limited Stereo upgrade

I have a 2014 Spyder ST Limited and the stock stereo just doesn't sound very good to me. Does anyone know any options for upgrading the speakers or if someone sells a kit to add more speakers. I don't want to sacrifice the front frunk room. I have seen Harley's with the speaker pods sticking out and thinking someone has to make something like that for the Spyder?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SOUND NOT GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Jjrk3 View Post
    I have a 2014 Spyder ST Limited and the stock stereo just doesn't sound very good to me. Does anyone know any options for upgrading the speakers or if someone sells a kit to add more speakers. I don't want to sacrifice the front frunk room. I have seen Harley's with the speaker pods sticking out and thinking someone has to make something like that for the Spyder?
    I have the same radio you do ( and everyone else - BRP uses one radio ) .... You don't hear the radio - you hear the speakers ......... I changed mine years ago to JBL 2 ohm speakers, front and rear on my RT ( rears were enlarged to accommodate 5.25" units much better BASE ) ...... I don't remember what size you have in the front ....do you have speakers in the rear & if so what size are they ..... I can help if I know this ..... Mike .................PS my stereo ROCKS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have the same radio you do ( and everyone else - BRP uses one radio ) .... You don't hear the radio - you hear the speakers ......... I changed mine years ago to JBL 2 ohm speakers, front and rear on my RT ( rears were enlarged to accommodate 5.25" units much better BASE ) ...... I don't remember what size you have in the front ....do you have speakers in the rear & if so what size are they ..... I can help if I know this ..... Mike .................PS my stereo ROCKS

I only have the two speakers in the front. None in the rear.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NO REAR SPEAKERS

[QUOTE=Jjrk3;1364860]I only have the two speakers in the front. None in the rear ............................................. You know what they say - SIZE MATTERS ...... So tell me the size , cheapcycle doesn't give that info ............Mike

Spyder Garage

The ST only has speakers in the front and they are the same speakers as the RT rears. Same part number. The mounting holes are 4 3/4". Little to no room for a bigger diameter. Mounting depth is 1 5/8 inch and magnet diameter is 2 7/8" You may be able to shim the new speaker maybe a 1/4" to fit a deeper speaker. But there is no room for a wider diameter magnet.

2018 F3 LIMITED