Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Not haters....

I'm not a hater nor are others I'm sure but when these machines are thrown at us as competition or better than our spyder we become defensive...and often explain the difference and the fact they don't fit in our catagory. I wish them luck. SO!! are you in line to get one...??.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I'm not a hater nor are others I'm sure but when these machines are thrown at us as competition or better than our spyder we become defensive...and often explain the difference and the fact they don't fit in our catagory. I wish them luck. SO!! are you in line to get one...??.
    I am sincere when I say I WAS seriously considering getting one as soon as they hit the showroom. However during a recent visit to the local Yamaha/Can Am dealership a 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 caught my eye. It had been on the showroom floor for a few months and the dealer was willing to make a good deal to get it gone. So the Niken is no longer in my future but I was one of those people Yamaha had in mind when they developed the bike. As to the FZ-10, I absolutely love it. It is relatively comfortable, 3 riding modes, 3 traction control settings, ABS and cruise control. And did I say fast? Yeah, 998cc inline 4 from the R1.

Spyder Garage

The engineering is superb, I'm sure the quality is great, the ride and drive sound fantastic -- but I can't look at that thing without thinking, "Could they have made it any uglier?" If there are enough sold, surely somebody will come up with some kind of fairing to cover up at least part of that hideous front end. The Piaggio MP3 is breathing a sigh of relief, no longer the ugliest 3-wheeler on the planet.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Its not pretty but I don't buy bikes for that, I've even had a Honda GL650 when I was dispatching - For those who don't know, that's a version of the infamous 'plastic maggot' with a huge ugly fairing.

The power outputs a bit better than the RS and looking at the max power and torque figures its a rev happy engine which I do like. Proper bike sitting position as well, none of the feet forward malarkey. The bars are too high and back but can probably be altered.

So with BRP still not having an RS replacement I'll be taking one for a test ride when they finally arrive on this little island.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like two bikes got married.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think that the use of the word "hater" is a bit strong for conversation purposes on this topic.

I don't really see the point of the comparison. The wheels are too close together to offer the stability and control of the the Spyder, therefore I would have to discount it.

I give them stars for the ability to lean, for those that want a touch more stability, but want to keep the "leaner bike" in their wheelhouse, no pun intended.

Hey, the diversity of offerings in the market is what makes for interesting dialogue and reasons to converse with someone. I am VERY certain that there is a market for this bike, just not for me, but I don't hate it either.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Proper bike sitting position as well, none of the feet forward malarkey. The bars are too high and back but can probably be altered.
    Yeah, we’re all different, Piston I wouldn’t buy one BECAUSE of the feet tucked back under me. The high bars would be no issue

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Its not pretty but I don't buy bikes for that, I've even had a Honda GL650 when I was dispatching - For those who don't know, that's a version of the infamous 'plastic maggot' with a huge ugly fairing.

The power outputs a bit better than the RS and looking at the max power and torque figures its a rev happy engine which I do like. Proper bike sitting position as well, none of the feet forward malarkey. The bars are too high and back but can probably be altered.

So with BRP still not having an RS replacement I'll be taking one for a test ride when they finally arrive on this little island.
    I was thinking the same thing when they arrive here in October

Spyder Garage

So Yamaha invented a 3 legged motorcycle that still needs a kick stand?
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    So Yamaha invented a 3 legged motorcycle that still needs a kick stand?
    yep
    motorcycles have kick stands, trikes don't

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple