Spyder Garage

Default Emergency help please

Hi, I'm stranded,in a parking lot in Bradley, Il. I put my spare key that does not start the bike, it just opens the frunk and the seat and rear trunk and I turned it to the right at he seat opened but I cannot get the key to turn back or come out and the power is on. My cell is 708 2042668. Thanks, MIKEa
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Hi, I'm stranded,in a parking lot in Bradley, Il. I put my spare key that does not start the bike, it just opens the frunk and the seat and rear trunk and I turned it to the right at he seat opened but I cannot get the key to turn back or come out and the power is on. My cell is 708 2042668. Thanks, MIKEa
    You probably have a faulty ignition switch. Check out this thread about my recent experience http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...key-won-t-turn

As long as the power stays on, you will be able to ride it home, but since the lights and accessories may still be powered when you stop riding you will need to get the battery onto a charger while you're messing around with trying to get the key back out.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If power is on but the bike won't start because your back-up key is not chipped, try holding your chipped key next to the one in the ignition and see if bike will start. Also, I know that UtahPete wrapped on a stuck key and it worked for him. I would use a rubber mallet or similar and gingerly give the stuck key a few smacks straight down into the ignition. Good luck and let us know.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You probably have a faulty ignition switch. Check out this thread about my recent experience http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...key-won-t-turn

As long as the power stays on, you will be able to ride it home, but since the lights and accessories may still be powered when you stop riding you will need to get the battery onto a charger while you're messing around with trying to get the key back out.
    It won't start because it is not a chip key and it's stuck in the ignition turned to the right
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default Try this

If the key is in straight in original position move the key up and down while pulling it out. If at an angle move the key up and down at that angle and twist to center. Idea is to try and wiggle the tumbler pins to line up...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, finally wiggled it out, maybe the sides need to be filed down, just my luck, holiday weekend and everyone is closed, thanks again, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default STUCT KEY

This happens frequently on my Toyt Tacoma ..... It has to do with the Steering lock mechanism ....if you turn the handle bars slightly Rt, or Left this may release the pressure and the Key should turn ..... it can't hurt to try- even if this doesn't sound logical ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, finally wiggled it out, maybe the sides need to be filed down, just my luck, holiday weekend and everyone is closed, thanks again, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Why are you using a non chipped key in the first place? Being Frugal is great but it does create problems right?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Why are you using a non chipped key in the first place? Being Frugal is great but it does create problems right? Jack
    Thanks Jack. I was wondering the same thing but didn't ask.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it fixed. For future reference, don't forget the Spyder Codes app for your phone. There may have been someone close by that could have come out and assisted you.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Glad you got it fixed. For future reference, don't forget the Spyder Codes app for your phone. There may have been someone close by that could have come out and assisted you.
    I thought I had Spyder codes on my phone but I do not, what all does it do for you
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Thanks Jack. I was wondering the same thing but didn't ask.
    I keep my spare chip key in the rear trunk and the non chip key gets me in there
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I installed spydercodes now. What all can/does it do for you? I didn't see how someone would see if they were close to you. Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    I installed spydercodes now. What all can/does it do for you? I didn't see how someone would see if they were close to you. Thanks, Mike
    Go to the "Real Help" tab and pick the state you are in. Then pick the closest town for a helper.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Here is a Facebook page I belong to, if all else fails and you are really stuck

North America Biker Rescue

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Neighbors.NABRs/
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver