Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2018 RT L dash and connect

Is there any good vids to sort out the 2018 connect. I just bought a set of freecom 2s ,have not even opened the box .If i would have known all this teck crap would be ( for me )such a pain were i sit i would not have bought this bike.I am just about to the point of taking it to the dealer ,here you sort it out.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After turning the ignition on you’ll eventually see the radio where you can push the joystick left/right (holding it left or right) to tune into stations.

Punch the joystick IN and you’ll see “Stats” now you can move the joystick up, down, left &right to navigate to the different things.

Pushing down own a few times you see a gear symbol push the joystick in to select.

Now or you can select and set up the Bluetooth headsets and pair the smartphone. Pair the phone first. It might take several tries. Once paired, turn off the Bluetooth on the phone so it doesn’t interfere when pairing the headsets. Navigate back to settings and set up the headsets. Might take several tries. Then push in to return to previous menu.

The smartphone one needs to have BRP Connect open when you plug it into the bike.

I can can make videos if needed.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try this and see if it helps.

My First tutorial

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the vid ,clears up some things . I do not like that i can not listen to the expensive radio and aux on Bluetooth . It makes the built in radio a useless brick as you can not hear it while on the road or through Bluetooth . I guess the radio is used while cleaning the bike .
    Last edited by stmike 1800; 05-31-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

I have another question ,i can see the instant l/100 km but the average stays at 0 .I had seen a post were someone else had this going on also,but i can not find it . If i call BRP they will say to contact your dealer ,but they know less than me about the new spyder.
    Last edited by stmike 1800; 05-31-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    I have another question ,i can see the instant l/100 km but the average stays at 0 .I had seen a post were someone else had this going on also,but i can not find it . If i call BRP they will say to contact your dealer ,but they know less that me about the new spyder.
    My F3L is almost same. The average l/100 is always 0.0. No matter what I have tried.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    My F3L is almost same. The average l/100 is always 0.0. No matter what I have tried.
    I suspect you need the updated version 12.2 that your dealer can install. Fixed that problem on my 18 RTLtd. You can check your version by going to settings then down to the bottom where it says "About". If your version number is below 12.2, get it updated and that problem will be resolved (as well as other problems).

2014 Cognac RT Limited #185 (destroyed in T-Bone wreck 3/21/2014)
    2014 Cognac RT Limited #5333 (replacement 5/16/2014)
    2018 Champagne RT Limited #1002 (traded 1/31/2018)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    I suspect you need the updated version 12.2 that your dealer can install. Fixed that problem on my 18 RTLtd. You can check your version by going to settings then down to the bottom where it says "About". If your version number is below 12.2, get it updated and that problem will be resolved (as well as other problems).
    Mine is version 11.02 so i will have to get that updated. Thanks

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Mine is version 11.02 so i will have to get that updated. Thanks
    Whew! Mine is 10.05, so definitely time for a trip into the dealer. Sure hope that they can do this without having to keep it for a day or so.

Spyder Garage

Mine is 11.02 also ,and it was done when i picked it up two weeks ago.
    2018 RTL , dark blue