Thread: SM10 Question

Spyder Garage

Default SM10 Question

I have an RT Ltd with the 660 GPS and Sena 20s communicators. What advantage would be gained by having an SM10 as the the GPS already has Bluetooth?

TIA
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    I have an RT Ltd with the 660 GPS and Sena 20s communicators. What advantage would be gained by having an SM10 as the the GPS already has Bluetooth?

TIA
    Probably none unless you want to listen to the Spyder audio system.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Probably none unless you want to listen to the Spyder audio system.
    Agree totally, the only that a SM10 will do is bluetooth the audio system from the bike to up to two riders.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default Pairing with the 660

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post

TIA
    I had the exact same setup - up until a couple weeks ago. I decided to load my music onto the 660 and pair it to our 2 helmets.
    Darn, that doesn't work, I could only pair to one helmet from the GPS. (Maybe there is a way around that - wouldn't matter because read on...)
    OK, next step to get around that limitation, pair to only one Sena from the GPS and do the music sharing between the 2 Sena 20s.
    Well that can work, but the quality of the music sound was absolutely terrible - even paired to only one Sena without music sharing.

So then, unpaired everything from the GPS, let it output to the bike via its cradle. Then plugged the SM10 into the bike and easily paired it to both Senas and the sound was 1000% better.
    Then put my music on a USB stick and selected that as the source into the bike and now I had music and GPS 2 both Senas....well until I get the USB current error.

So now, we ride with GPS instructions only and listen to the highway and each other and I think we actually enjoy the road trip even more - plus none of that frustration.

If we did ever go back to wanting music, I think I would get an MP3 player and plug it into the SM10 or maybe even use my smart phone.

Whatever you decide, if you choose to pair to that 660 for music, be sure to test a few songs first - you may or may not have the quality issue I had with the sound.
    I also am sure there are a 100 different ways to get what you want, I am sure others have solutions.
    2016 RT Limited - Red: Purchased from Pikes Peak Motorsports
    Dealer installed: TriAxis Bars;
    Self Installed: BahaRon SwayBar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, Dave's BT Cable, ShowChrome Luggage Rack,Foam Grips
    Wishlist: Fox Shocks, Long Distance Seat, HID Headlights