Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    ohhhhhh yeah ! that is a sick feeling at the thought of that sound , it sure sounds like the inner splines of the tranny not catching ! { that defiantly isn`t a fuse loose } here comes the big question , how bad will the shop kill you on the bill ? I have a feeling it is going to be not so great ... let us know if you do not mind ...
    depending on when the OP purchased it, since it's a 2016, I would think this would be covered under warranty?

Spyder Garage

The bill should not be bad it is under warranty only has 1642 miles on it. Starting to make me wonder 1642 miles and has been in the shop already a month for a parking brake issue now this.

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    ohhhhhh yeah ! that is a sick feeling at the thought of that sound , it sure sounds like the inner splines of the tranny not catching ! { that defiantly isn`t a fuse loose } here comes the big question , how bad will the shop kill you on the bill ? I have a feeling it is going to be not so great ... let us know if you do not mind ...

Spyder Garage

Still under warranty May 26 made a year since I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxyLady View Post
    depending on when the OP purchased it, since it's a 2016, I would think this would be covered under warranty?

Spyder Garage

Default Will do

Dealer says I should know Tuesday, will post an update as soon as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Diffintely a noise you don't need. PLEASE let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Front sprocket.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Update

So finally got Big Red out of the Spyder Hospital. Bike was in the Shop for 3 weeks for a front Sprocket replacement and then sat there for another 3 since I was out of town. Picked up bike on Saturday July 7th. The bike is quieter than it has ever been. Since I purchased the bike May 2017 there has been this weird whining sound, I have asked multiple times about and was always told it was normal, then about 200 miles ago I was told the belt was too tight and the rear was not clocked properly and supposedly that was addressed but I still had the whine, 200 miles later I was stranded on the side of the road.

BRP took care of everything and all seems well, as stated it is super quiet in comparison to what I experiencing since purchase. I hope this is the end of my problems for awhile, 1642 miles parking brake failure and Sprocket failure already.

PSA: If you hear a whining noise look at the pulley, as noted by some here on the forum a sure sign the pulley is about to expire is the discoloration it will be Red.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 07-11-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    BRP Roadside Assistance is a bust, I had a similar experience with them a long time ago. AAA was not any better and my insurer, Progressive, will only tow 14 miles.
    That's why you need to start trailering Ann. Then you have your trailer with you when you need it. Just joshing ya. With all the miles

you have ridden and with your personal mechanic always with you what could possibly go wrong. Right?

Sorry we missed you two at Deadwood. Sold our home in Show Low at the last minute and they wanted to close before the 16th. Leaving

for Bryce Canyon, Moab and then Durango on the 17th. Sorry we missed everyone. Say hello to Joe for me.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    Found out this morning Geico will Tow it 22 miles, which would have saved me a few dollars. Kind of funny I was just on the night before asking for opinions on enclosed cargo trailers and got just enough information to make the wife think I know what I'm talking about, if I went and bought one yesterday I could have put it to use and hit her with see I told it was a good idea to get it.
    I have Geico insurance on my spyder, I have "towing & Labor cost on my insurance policy.

Have not had to use the "towing & labor ".

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Oh man, that's a bummer, hope all turns out for the best it can be. I was 40 miles from home and got me generic key stuck in the the ignition (on position) and couldn't get it out on the first day of a holiday weekend. Thought I would have to call for a tow. Called 2 dealors and all the techs had gone home for the weekend. Finally got it out and will never use the generic key in the ignition again. I have AARP Foremost insurance, anyone have any issues with them? Again, good luck. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO