Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Bad Day For Big Red

Wife an I were out enjoying her first ride of the season the day was absolutely beautiful. We were on a way and just got off the main roads on to the secondary when I slowed down to cross the railroad tracks. When I went accelerate just a horrible grinding noise and no forward motion, I pulled to the side of the road the bike will go into 1st and Reverse but only grinds and will not move.

Call Roadside assistance, at first I was like wow they are on and THEN it went south I was told BRB would cover up to $200.00 any overages would be on me the nearest dealer to me is 33 miles, so BRP covers the $200.00 then I was told I was on the hook for $117.00. Not a happy camper at this point but it is what it is. And THEN, I get a call from Roadside saying that company would not be able to get the bike until morning, I told her that was unacceptable as the bike would most likely not be be there when we returned in the morning. She says she will call be back, and she did and then said they can not find a company that can tow the bike, now mind you I don't live in the middle of the sticks where there may only be on towing company, I say to the girl what do you mean you can not find anybody, she says has called everybody on the list that they contract with and nobody can do it and that she is now on a secondary list and will call me back. She calls back and say she has found someone and they would be calling me, the guy calls me and say he was on his way with a 5x7 trailer at this point I lose my freaking mind and told him to not bother and I call back Roadside, I tell the agent first you find a towing company that is charging you $200 and then me $117.00 plus tax to go 33 miles and then they can't come till tomorrow morning and then you get a guy that is going to bring a 5x7 trailer? I then told her I would take care of it myself after waiting two hours on them, I made one call got the bike towed with a towing company for $149.00.

Now we have to and see what is wrong with the bike? no fluid leaking, no prior warning just as I said slowed to cross Railroad track and that was then end of the day. The bike is a 2016 RTL with 1642 miles on it, hopefully it won't stay in the hospital all summer.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 05-24-2018 at 10:00 PM.