Spyder Garage

Default Corbin F3 t seat arrived today and it does not fit.

So I got my new Corbin seat for my f3 t and it does not fit. I'll show you pictures of the bottom of the pan to show why I think it does not fit. Look at the tabs on the front that slide into the frame. Look at Corbin than the tabs from my comfort seat. Looks like the Corbins should have been curved . If you have and f3 with a Corbin seat on it can you send me a pic of the underside. I'm calling Corbin in the morning to see how there gonna fix this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JDTOLLAND; 05-24-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Spyder Garage

Likely no need to panic. I'm assuming the Corbin seat is the one with the two flat bars which should lock it into position. If you take a pair of Vise-grips, you can bend the bars slightly toward the pan; that should allow them to slide into position and pull your new seat down into place. You may have to try this a few times until you get the fit just snug. You'll also probably have to adjust the locking pin at the back until you get it just right. Had a similar adjustment issue when I switched from stock seat to my new one-piece Ultimate (similar flat bar 'prongs' which required tweaking and bending upwards toward the pan). It takes a bit of playing with and adjusting those 'prongs', but you'll get there eventually. Good luck.
    Last edited by bushrat; 05-24-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Likely no need to panic. I'm assuming the Corbin seat is the one with the two flat bars which should lock it into position. If you take a pair of Vise-grips, you can bend the bars slightly toward the pan; that should allow them to slide into position and pull your new seat down into place. You may have to try this a few times until you get the fit just snug. You'll also probably have to adjust the locking pin at the back until you get it just right. Had a similar adjustment issue when I switched from stock seat to my new one-piece Ultimate (similar flat bar 'prongs' which required tweaking and bending upwards toward the pan). It takes a bit of playing with and adjusting those 'prongs', but you'll get there eventually. Good luck.
    Thanks. I was thinking about doing that but I was afraid the rivets might snap that hold the prongs in place. I will call them tommorwo before I do it in case something goes wrong. Thanks replying.

Spyder Garage

Those front prongs and the rear attachment plate are in totally different locations. There are probably directions and added hardware to install on the Spyder. Make sure you search the box packing materiel to be sure you got all the mounting hardware and directions.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default On further review of the Corbin seat the front bracket is wrong

In looking at the seat again even if there straight front bracket was bent up its not long enough to lock the front seat in. If anyone has can f3 with a Corbin seat I would be grateful if you could send a pic of the bottom of the pan to my email. My email is jdct45@yahoo.com.

Thanks

J.D

Spyder Garage

If I remember right, the Corbin seat has its own locking system with its own key. The Ultimate uses the same post as the OEM seat.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

The only thing they sent was a two page instruction stating 2016 fitment and how to install it., I order it for a 2017 f3 t.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JDTOLLAND View Post
    The only thing they sent was a two page instruction stating 2016 fitment and how to install it., I order it for a 2017 f3 t.
    And they sent was the pin to install in the back and the keys to the lock.

Spyder Garage

The front prongs would have to go in a different place to catch. Have you tried to push it in there and see if it catches anything?
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

The prongs are lined up correctly to go in the slots. The issue is there not curved right nor are they long enough. If you push the seat all the way forward to latch then its 3 inches to short in the back .

Spyder Garage

Sorry about the upside down pictures.

Spyder Garage

Picture of my bike with the comfort seat which is not too comfortable for me.

Spyder Garage

So i talked with a corbin tech this morning. He asked if i had a top case. I stated when i order it in the message section i stated it was a 2017 f3 t witha top case. He said he thinks he can reconfigure it to fit ? I just need to send him pictures of what the bike looks like without the seat on it. Then he will look at it on Sunday whe he is in again. For a seat i spent 1000.00 dollars this is unacceptable. I will give them a week to make it right before i take action for a refund.

Spyder Garage

Another word of caution...if you get to the actual installation process, put a towel over all the places where dropped nuts/bolts can go. If you lose them, they will be gone forever.

Give Corbin a chance to make it right. Those that like them, really like them. They are talking to you about it. That is a good thing.

I have 50,000 Corbin seat miles on my original GS and RTS combined.

Currently riding BRP Comforts on both.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was never able to get my Corbin to fit right and their customer service sucked so I sold it.
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

So I got my new Corbin seat for my f3 t and it does not fit. I'll show you pictures of the bottom of the pan to show why I think it does not fit. Look at the tabs on the front that slide into the frame. Look at Corbin than the tabs from my comfort seat. Looks like the Corbins should have been curved . If you have and f3 with a Corbin seat on it can you send me a pic of the underside. I'm calling Corbin in the morning to see how there gonna fix this.
    I experienced the same challenges when i got my Corbin for my 2016 F3 Limited a few weeks ago. However, the seat does not mount in the same slots on the bike as the OEM seat does. The metal tabs on the Corbin slide into the round holes in the frame of the bike that are slightly to the rear. I will send my Phone Number by PM and if you wish, I can talk you through how to mount it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    I experienced the same challenges when i got my Corbin for my 2016 F3 Limited a few weeks ago. However, the seat does not mount in the same slots on the bike as the OEM seat does. The metal tabs on the Corbin slide into the round holes in the frame of the bike that are slightly to the rear. I will send my Phone Number by PM and if you wish, I can talk you through how to mount it.
    That would really be fsntastic. My phone number is 203 206 6774. Im older so a picture would be great. Again thank you so very much.

John D

Spyder Garage

Corbin is telling me to remove the support bracket that is there to bolster the frame for the added weight of the top box.

Spyder Garage

Corbin is telling me to remove the support bracket that is there to bolster the frame for the added weight of the top box.

Tell Corbin to make their seat fit the bike without compromising its structural integrity or give you your money back. There really are better options out there that FIT. DO NOT modify your frame.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

CORBIN STRIKES AGAIN! Good luck. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL