full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Let me share a Pitbull Powersports story

While I was at Spyderfest, and what a blast by the way, I was talking to a person I will call Jay (not his real name because I'm not sure he screwed this up) up in Bolivar at their service desk. I asked whether I should ride down to Springfield to order a set of Elka shocks for my ST as I wanted to have them installed in Springfield as we were going to be in Branson area after Spyderfest. Not neccessary, said he, I can order them from here and set up the install in Springfield, no problem. I did and he did. In his defense, he called Springfield while I stood there and had a conversation with them and booked an install for May 24th, 10:30 AM in Springfield. It was made clear that we would be leaving the area on the 27th so it was a play or pass. Fast forward to last Tuesday the 22nd. I called Springfield to make sure the parts were in, and was told they were in but in Bolivar, not Springfield and that my service appointment was Bolivar at 10:30 on the 24th. The person I was talking to in Springfield couldn't possible get the shocks down there because all service time was booked for that week. So this AM (the 24th) I rode up to Bolivar (82 miles one way) to get them installed. When I arrived, Jay was at the service desk and so after I unloaded on him for the screw ups so far, he looked on his screen for the parts and GUESS WHAT??????? Someone had taken it upon themselves to SHIP THE SET OF SHOCKS TO OUR MAILING ADDRESS in South Dakota. I give up.

And before some of you tell me of the things I should have done, let me say, If I had thought they were that incompetent I would not have wanted to do business with them anyway.

Spyder Garage

The story speaks for itself. I would tell you folks mine--but I still need my one and only dealer. Bad communication (or lack of) between the service and parts department is never good. Now I am back to considering selling one of my RT's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Putting this out in a public forum when they aren't here to defend themselves really isn't cool...
    But I am sorry to hear that you ran into a hiccup!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Putting this out in a public forum when they aren't here to defend themselves really isn't cool...
    Well they kind of are. They are welcome to respond. But I also took special care to be dead accurate in my reporting of the story. My one error was not getting the name of the person that I talked to on the 22nd.

Spyder Garage

A more important question, is there a dealer in/near your hometown who you trust to install them correctly? If no, ouch!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

It is strange as we usually hear good things about them. I hope this is not a result of the rapid expansion as I see they are about to open another store. Happens when you spread yourself too thin... This does not help you I know and do hope you find the shock at home and can get them installed
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This^^ plus putting it on a site whose owner is at odds with Pit Bull is also suspicious.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    This^^ plus putting it on a site whose owner is at odds with Pit Bull is also suspicious.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    Well they kind of are. They are welcome to respond. But I also took special care to be dead accurate in my reporting of the story. My one error was not getting the name of the person that I talked to on the 22nd.
    No rep from Pit Bull will come on this forum to defend themselves. This thread will probably get deleted. It serves no purpose.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I don't blame him for putting this here. He made his wishes known to all at the time of sale. He followed it up before his appt. time. He was not the one who changed it without consulting him. and he followed their screwup only to arrive at a MAJOR screwup. It's a shame that it happened. Butt, now what? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Really I see something to have out with the dealership not on this forum.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I don't blame him for putting this here. He made his wishes known to all at the time of sale. He followed it up before his appt. time. He was not the one who changed it without consulting him. and he followed their screwup only to arrive at a MAJOR screwup. It's a shame that it happened. Butt, now what? Tom
    He is not without a Spyder, He can still talk to them and find a solution. I like Lynn alot, He has gone out of his way to meet people at his place of business on his own time to serve them. He is not perfect. Same can be said about Lamonster. They are both a credit to the Spyder community.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Not the only story

There are several other negative stories out on FB about this same dealer. As for whether it is cool or not...this is a public forum and even though there is some friction between the parties they could come here and either acknowledge or deny the accusations. As was stated, anyone can make a mistake, the real issue is how that mistake is handled.
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Default Hmm where are my shocks?

You now remind me that I have not received my old front shocks from them yet???? I had new Elkas installed by Pitbull in Bolivar while I was at Spyderfest. They were to ship my old OEM shocks back to me here in Tucson. I haven't received anything, and it's sure been long enough. I wonder what story I'm going to get when I call them.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Don't let some of these lollipops and gum drops posts stop you from expressing your view on the experience you received. If you got crappy service from a person, it's your duty to fellow Spyder owners to post it so others can have clear eyes before dealing with them.

If
    you tried to clear this up before posting with no satisfactory results, it shouldn't matter if this was past/current sponsors, we all should be informed about quality and service before and after the sale.

You should not have to walk on eggshells to speak your mind.

Last edited by Holly; 05-24-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Internet cowboys out in full force today

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Don't let some of these lollipops and gum drops posts stop you from expressing your view on the experience you received. If you got crappy service from a person, it's your duty to fellow Spyder owners to post it so others can have clear eyes before dealing with them.

If
    you tried to clear this up before posting with no satisfactory results, it shouldn't matter if this was past/current sponsors, we all should be informed about quality and service before and after the sale.

Does that mean I can also post any bad experiences Ive had with Lamonster as well? How long would I last on this forum if I did so? OP needs to take his complaint to this Facebook group, im sure he will be treated well there.https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderexperience/about/
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

If

See, Holly, we have common ground. I see absolutely NO difference between this thread and posting the exact same information on Yelp, Angie's List or FB. If anything, posting these comments on this thread is actually more fair to the owner than reviewing on Yelp, Angie's List or FB, because here the owner can engage in a discussion rather than merely file a response.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If

I must be going nuts. Yet again I agree with you.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If

Have to agree. Sounds likes you like what I post and don't post what I don't like. Like the old saying. As long as things go my way, I'm flexible
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Does that mean I can also post any bad experiences Ive had with Lamonster as well? How long would I last on this forum if I did so? OP needs to take his complaint to this Facebook group, im sure he will be treated well there.https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderexperience/about/
    Thank you for that, I thought it was a good idea when they started it, and seem to be going out of their way to keep it unbuased and fair. I was going to suggest that 'fulltimer' go post his experience there if he did infact do all he could with the dealer.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?